━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝘅𝗶𝘃

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter sixty-four: mr

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter sixty-four: mr. and mrs. shda
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     "I LOOK RIDICULOUS

"I LOOK RIDICULOUS."

And she does. Indira Beren really, truly does. The person staring back at her in the mirror looks absolutely nothing like her usual self — which, she supposes, is the purpose of a disguise, but still. With her hair pulled back into an elaborate twisted updo and her face painted with makeup, her reflection might as well belong to a complete stranger. Not to mention the dress — a slinky neon yellow number that clings to her figure like a second skin. It makes Indira feel vulnerable and exposed and she longs for the familiar comfort of her tattered Resistance uniform.

"No," Jessika corrects, her face barely visible through the choppy hologram that Indira had managed to patch through to their ship. "You look hot."

Indira presses her face to her hands. "Gods," she exclaims. "Where the hell did Suralinda even manage to find a dress like this?"

"Trust me," Jess advises, "when it comes to Suralinda, sometimes it's best not to ask."

Indira supposes that Jess would know better than anyone else. Though Suralinda Javos had been absent from the Resistance during most of Indira's time in their ranks, the female Squamatan had once been a key member of Black Squadron before she'd gone off-grid as an undercover journalist for the Resistance. She had a reputation for being resourceful — someone who always had a few tricks up her sleeve — and Indira is starting to see why. Part of her is grateful and the other part is terrified to know that she will be attending the auction with them as Finn's plus one.

"I can't even zip this thing up," Indira complains, taking a seat on the bed behind her. "This plan keeps getting worse and worse."

"Let me see," Kali says from somewhere offscreen before her face makes an appearance in the projection. She does a quick once-over of Indira's appearance before nodding affirmatively. "Jess is right; you do look hot."