━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter twenty-eight: bloodlines█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter twenty-eight: bloodlines
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

    INDIRA STIFLES A YAWN into the steaming mug of tea in her hands, blinking blearily as she tries to chase off the remnants of sleep that still cling to her

    INDIRA STIFLES A YAWN into the steaming mug of tea in her hands, blinking blearily as she tries to chase off the remnants of sleep that still cling to her. Her dreams had been strange the night before, centered around an island somewhere far, far away. Everything about the vision had felt so real that Indira had nearly believed that she was there — cold breeze and salty spray kissing her cheeks — but she'd awoken in her own bed that morning the same as always; no island or ocean to be found. Yet for some reason she couldn't shake the feeling that the vision had been more than just an ordinary dream.

    "Tired?" Leia asks from her seat in the chair across from Indira, observing her niece's slumped posture and poorly hidden yawns.

    The younger woman nods sheepishly. "A bit," she admits, rubbing the back of her neck. "Didn't sleep well."

    Her aunt makes a knowing sound. "Bad dreams?"

    Indira shakes her head before pausing. "No, not exactly. My dreams were peaceful. I just feel ... tired. Like I was awake the whole time."

    Leia nods. "What did you see?"

    "An island," Indira says, picturing the rolling waves and sprawling cliffs she'd seen the night before. Her brow furrows slightly as she recalls it. "Lots of stairs. And... birds. Lots of little round birds, too."

    "And are you certain that this was just a dream?" Leia asks, arching a brow at her.

    Indira hesitates momentarily before shaking her head once more. "I think it might have been more than that."

    The smile Leia gives her is faint, but still present. "I thought the same."

    Indira frowns without meaning to, somewhat troubled by that prospect. She hadn't had any dreams of that nature since Starkiller base. The fact that her visions had chosen to return doesn't sit well with her. "What do they mean?" She asks, brow furrowed. "The dreams. Why do I have them?"