━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝗹𝘃

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty-five: a white flag█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter forty-five: a white flag
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

      LUKE SKYWALKER IS drenched in rain as he hurries down the mountainside

      LUKE SKYWALKER IS drenched in rain as he hurries down the mountainside. The storm had come quickly and with little warning, but even the torrential downpour cannot dampen the fire that has ignited inside of him. His heart beats rapidly with each step he takes and Luke is hardly able to contain the whirlwind of emotions rushing through him. After closing himself off to the Force for so long, everything feels so real — so raw — that it is nearly overwhelming. Even so, he has one goal in mind — one person that he needs to talk to.

     He needs to find Rey.

      "Rey, you were right!" Luke shouts, crossing the meadow. Lightning flashes above his head and it makes him quicken his steps. "I'm coming with you! Rey?"

      He couldn't hold himself back any longer; not from Rey, not from the Resistance, not from his daughter, not from his sister. They needed him — they all needed him. Luke had robbed them of hope by abandoning them, blinded by his own selfishness and despair. But he could fix that now. He could go with Rey. He could make things right.

     When he finally approaches Rey's hut, he can see the faint light of a fire flickering inside of it. Relieved to find that she is still there, Luke hurries inside to tell her of his revelation. He pushes the door open without knocking, but is shocked to find Rey already standing with a packed bag.

     His brow furrows. "Where are you going?"

     Rey swallows harshly, clutching the strap of her bag so tightly that her knuckles turn white. "I'm leaving," she says briskly. "I don't have time for any long goodbyes, so this will have to be it."

     "You're ... leaving?" Luke repeats, somewhat stunned. He hadn't thought she would go so soon. "Well, alright," he says rubbing his chin. "There's no need for any goodbyes, though. I'm coming with you."

     Her face blanches. "What?"

     He nods. "I know. I was a bit surprised myself," he begins, "But, I reconnected with the Force and I —"