━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter sixty-three: a proposal█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter sixty-three: a proposal
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     THE FALCON IS JAM-PACKED with people in the ship's main hold

     THE FALCON IS JAM-PACKED with people in the ship's main hold. Indira finds herself crammed into a secluded corner next to Finn and Rey, who'd taken refuge there to talk quietly with one another away from most of the hustle and bustle. Someone bumps into her and she bristles momentarily before realizing that it's just Poe, who'd made his way into their corner as well. "Sorry," he apologizes. "I was just trying to get away from —" a big, meaty hand clamps down on his shoulder and he tenses "— that guy," Poe finishes, mouthing the words to her.

     Indira crosses her arms over her chest, glaring unflinchingly into the face of the hulking pilot from Phantom Squadron currently man-handling her ex-boyfriend. "Did you need something?" She asks sharply.

     The pilot gives her a smile made of broken teeth. "I am called Sanrec Stronghammer," he announces, squeezing Poe's shoulder in a way that looks painful. "You are very brave, girl. Not many would speak to me the way you did."

     She raises a brow at him. "Maybe they should."

     His laugh is like thunder. "Ah, I like her spirit!" He tells Poe. "You must be a lucky man, Dameron."

     Indira's eyes widen. "Oh, no. We're not —"

     "On that, we can agree," Poe interrupts, offering Indira a shit-eating grin that transforms into a wince when Stronghammer claps him on the shoulder again.

     "I want you to know that I forgive you, Poe Dameron," Sanrec grumbles. "Just do not think to challenge me when I am in command." He pauses. "Or I will kill you."

     Indira turns and shoots Finn an incredulous look that he returns as Poe sweats nervously. "What, exactly, did you say you'd been doing since the Battle of Jakku?"

     Stronghammer shrugs. "I was security."

     Poe nods slowly before asking, "No flying?" and Indira watches — half impressed and half disbelieving — as he makes a friend out of the man who'd threatened to kill him moments before by discussing different ships and the joys of flying them.