━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘅𝘃

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter twenty-five: skywalker█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter twenty-five: skywalker
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     THINGS ON BASE ARE quiet as the high of victory ebbs away in the days following the battle of Starkiller base

THINGS ON BASE ARE quiet as the high of victory ebbs away in the days following the battle of Starkiller base. Though they'd been victorious in the fight, the Resistance had lost nearly half their fleet in the battle and General Organa had lost her husband; a devastating blow that was felt by everyone. Han Solo had been a figure of legend to people everywhere. Whether they knew him as a smuggler, a general, a hero, or a scoundrel people knew of Han Solo just by his name. The fact that he had been murdered so callously was difficult for everyone — though no one had been as strongly affected as Leia and Chewie. There would be a funerals eventually, for Han and the pilots that had been lost during the battle, but for the moment there was nothing to be done except to clean up the damage that had been left behind.

Inside the medical bay, Indira studies the figure of her mother; scarcely able to believe her own eyes. Her poor mother looks like she's gone through hell and back. Her skin is pale and sickly from years spent locked away in a cell. Dark half-circles form crescents beneath her eyes, framing her haunted, unseeing gaze. Various discolorations dot her skin; purple and green and blue blotches that show the places where they had tried to break her mother from the outside.

Still, her mother has nothing but smiles for her when Indira visits her in the infirmary. Though her physical injuries are mild, the trauma that both her body and mind have endured at the hands of the First Order is extensive. As a result, Doctor Kalonia ordered her mother to remain on bedrest until she decided that she was well enough to return to some semblance of a regular life.

"I want out of this bed, Dira," Jana Beren complains when Indira comes to visit her on her fourth day of bedrest. "Tell them to let me leave."

The first three days of her stay in medical, Indira's mother had slept for nearly seventy-two hours straight before waking; leaving little for Indira to do besides hold her hand and sit by her side. Rey had kept her company for much of that time, spending hours at Finn's bedside as he slept soundly in his coma; eyes shut and mind adrift inside the bacta suit the doctors had put him into to help heal his spine. Kalonia and Cosimo had reassured Rey multiple times that Finn would survive the wound dealt to him by Kylo Ren, but neither knew when he would wake up; it would just be a matter of time.