━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter ten: the spy█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter ten: the spy
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

      EV-1 IS NOT THRILLED when Indira announces that it's time for reprogramming

EV-1 IS NOT THRILLED when Indira announces that it's time for reprogramming. In fact, her droid is very vocal in its displeasure, voicing its complaints through a series of loud beeps and honks. Still, Indira is determined to follow through with the process and sort out EV's bad attitude problem once and for all.

"Yeah, yeah," she mutters to the droid as she rummages through a small tool kit. "I know; you're not happy with me. Join the club."

Her meeting with Poe had not gone well. Granted, she should have expected him to be defensive — hearing that your lifelong family-friend and mentor could possibly be a traitor is not an easy pill to swallow — but his immediate dismissal of her had stung more than she expected it to. She'd been nixed from combat training by the general, pushed aside by Oddy Muva for any real technical work, and now even Poe Dameron didn't want her help. It made her feel more useless than Indira had ever felt in her entire life.

She tosses the screwdriver she'd previously been holding onto the ground in frustration, rubbing her temples harshly. "What am I doing here, Evie?"

For once, her droid companion has nothing clever to say; its single eye staring up at her unwaveringly.

With a heavy sigh, Indira powers the droid off before picking up her screwdriver and unscrewing the panel that contains EV's "brain" of sorts. With nimble fingers, she carefully removes the droid's central processing unit, setting it down on her desk before flicking the lamp light on to give herself a closer look. As she suspected, the piece is moderately worn and damaged. Several of the pins have been bent out of place and the circuit board is chipped in certain places.

In spite of her bad mood, Indira gives the device a wry smile. "So this is why you've been acting so moody lately, huh?" She asks the lifeless droid, though she knows EV-1 won't be able to answer her while powered off. "Explains a lot."