Rewrite the Stars

"We're soaring, flying, there's not a star in heaven that we can't reach. If we're trying, yeah we're breaking free." Gabriel was singing softly to Nathalie, trying to keep her awake. Nathalie was now becoming more stable by the second, climbing the ladder back to life. Gabriel was holding her hand, occasionally squeezing it. Very few minutes he would move onto another song, his voice starting to tire out. On one song though, he got a response we would've never expected. "What if we rewrite the stars, say you were made to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart, and you'd be the one I was meant to find. It's up to you, and it's up to me, no one can say what we're meant to be. So why don't we rewrite the stars, maybe the world could be ours, tonight." He was about to keep going when suddenly he heard a small voice singing back to him, "You think it's easy, you think I don't wanna run with you. But there are mountains, and there are doors that we can't run through. I know you're wondering why, beacause we're able to be just you and me within these walls, but when we go outside you're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all. No one can rewrite the stars, how can you say you'll be mine? Everything keeps us apart, and I'm not the one you were meant to find. It's not up to you, It's not up to me, when everyone tells us what we can be. How can we rewrite the stars? Say that the world can be ours, tonight." Gabriel gasped and looked over at the half asleep Nathalie who was singing with a smile on her face. They then both sang together, "All I want is to fly with you. All I want is to fall with you. So just give me all of you..." ~ After they finished singing the song Gabriel started crying tears of joy. Nathalie was alive. "Nathalie...you're ok!" Nathalie mumbled, opening her eyes, "Yes, yes I am!" Gabriel smiled and kissed her cheek, "I'm so glad you're alright." He squeezed her hand and she squeezed his back, "Me too." After making sure the room was empty, Dussu, Nooroo, Sass, and Mullo all flew out, "Im so glad you're ok Nathalie!" Dussu started crying and flew up to her, giving her a hug, "I love you so much!" Nathalie smiled and gently hugged her back, "I love you too Dussu." All of the other kwamis gathered around Nathalie as well, happy that she was ok. "Isn't it amazing Master?!" Nooroos asked happily, "She's ok!" Gabriel smiled, "Yes, it is truly amazing." Tears of joy were still stained on his face. ~ After a few minutes or so three of the kwamis were sitting in between the couple, Dussu still latched on to Nathalie. Nathalie groaned slightly in pain, "I'm gonna rest for a bit." Gabriel sighed, "Go ahead." Nathalie closed her eyes and started to drift off into sleep. Gabriel sighed and squeezed her hand, "Please don't go away this time Nathalie." A few tears fell from his face before he started feeling pain himself. His arm started throbbing and his cursed under his breath. He too closed his eyes, falling asleep, still holding Nathalie's hand. After seeing That they were asleep the kwamis hid just incase any doctors came in. Dussu though, she refused to leave Nathalie side. "I'm staying with my Nathalie if it's the last thing I do!" She protested. Nooroo grabbed her and pulled her down, hiding her. Dussu sighed and hid with the other kwamis, playing UNO under the beds. ~ About half an hour later, two nurses came into the room to check on Nathalie and Gabriel. The nurse checking on Gabriel said, "Vitals are fine, IV is fine as well." The one checking Nathalie said, "Vitals and IV are fine as well." After recording their vitals and stuff, they left the room, letting the couple sleep together. ~ They stayed asleep for hours, sleeping peacefully in each other's grasp. When Nathalie eventually woke up, she yawned, "Hey Gabriel." Gabriel was still asleep, so he just mumbled inaudible noises. Nathalie sighed and smiled, squeezing his hand. Gabriel stirred slightly but stayed asleep. "A million thoughts, in my head, should I let my heart keep listen. So up till now, I've walked the line, nothin lost, but something missing. I can decide what's wrong, what's right, which way should I go..." Nathalie sang softly to herself, calming her down which made her fall asleep. She was still holding Gabriel's hand, which made her smile as she slept.