Chapter 17 - Hunters Mistake

Start from the beginning

"AHHH!" I yelled as I was preparing myself for the impact of the ground. I felt a pull before I noticed Firedrop caught me by my boot.

"Got ya!" Hunter smiled down to me. He dropped me as I landed on the back of Cloudjumper.

"Where did they come from." I said sarcastically.

"They aren't usually around this time of year." Hunter stated.

"Yeah, weird."

"We need to go tell your dad, come on." He ordered. I guess I didn't really have a chance to argue this time because before I could say anything he was already flying back.

----time skip----

"Dad!" I called as he walked in front of me.

"Not now Eylimi, I've got to find these dragons." He explained continuing his fast walk. "...also to stay clear of your mother so she doesn't braid my beard." He added.

"What? No, never mind. We think we know where the dragons are going." I tried to explain. He turned around with one lifted brow. As soon as he turned he stopped me from talking when he grabbed my arm.

"What's this?!" He asked kind of shocked, he lifted my sleeve where for the first time I notice my arm is bleeding from a cut. I noticed it must have been from the Sandwraiths.

"Um, about that..." I began.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Well, we went to find where the dragons were going..." I began but was cut off.

"Eylimi! I specifically told you to stay here!" He sighed.

"If you would just let me explain..." I tried. "...we found a snow island and we may or may not have been attacked by Sandwraiths..." I tried to explain quick but was cut off again.

"What? This is why I don't let you leave..." He face palmed himself.

"That's not the point! The Sandwraiths were heading South-West! They never do that, they always migrate North-East. It's like their compass sense has been knocked out of whack." I explained. All dragons have what we call a compass sense. Somehow they always know which way they are going. This is how our air mail works. The terrors always return home, even if lost they know the way back. Sandwraiths always head North-East. Now they are heading South-West which is very strange because all the dragons on the East side of the island fled that way too.

"Eylimi! I don't care about that right now I care about your health! Look what happened!" He pointed to my arm.

"It, it's just a scratch." I placed my hand over the cut.

"I can't believe you disobeyed me." He sighed.

"Look, we will fly back out there and find where they..." I was cut off.

"No! You're not going back out there. I won't allow it." He orders.

"But if we can just." I tried to explain as I took another step through the snow.

"No, we stay on the island. We don't need anymore dragons missing!" He finished before walking away. As he went out of sight I hopped on the back of Cloudjumper.

"Woah, woah, woah, where are you going?" Hunter interrupted as I was about to take off.

"I have to go find the dragons. I want to know where they are going, what's out there!" I stated.

"No, no, no!" He stood in front of my dragon so he couldn't take off.

"I have to go!" I tried to move him out of the way but Hunter wouldn't let me leave.

"Hiccup said not to leave the island. And if you're not sticking to the rule than I am!" He began.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm not letting you leave. You have already gotten hurt and I'm not going to see it happen again." He sighed.

"Hunter, move out of my way." I ordered. As Cloudjumper tried to move around him but he just moved back in front.

"No! I'm not going to see you get hurt again!" He yelled.

"Hunter move!" I ordered again.

"No!" He yelled before scratching under Cloudjumpers chin. He fell to the floor in knocked out sleep. Hunter looked up to me.

"You are supposed to be with me on this!" I slid off to face him.

"I'm not letting you leave." He stood up slightly taller.

"Who's side are you on?!" I yelled.

"The one that stops you from getting hurt." He replied.

"Ugh! You are supposed to be helping me!" I yelled. I looked over to Firedrop. I began making my way over to her. If I couldn't use my dragon then I'll use his.

"Firedrop spiral spin!" I heard from behind me. Suddenly the dragon spun, knocking me over with its tail. I fell in the cold snow.

"AH!" I yelled as I slowly sat up. I landed on my arm. I noticed I couldn't feel my wrist. I looked over to Hunter who noticed he'd hurt me. "How could you." I muttered, feeling betrayed. I got up and began to speed walk away.

"No wait, Eylimi!" He called from behind me. I didn't turn around I just kept walking.

--------------------
Hunter's POV:
--------------------

No! I just wanted to stop her from going so she wouldn't get hurt. Now I hurt her. No, this is bad, this is really bad.

"Eylimi, wait! Please." I called again but she slammed the door of her house shut. What have I done?

"Hunter!" I heard a yell from behind me. I turned around to see the gang heading my way.

"What in Thors name did you do?!" Vika yelled at me.

"What's wrong with you?!" Vidgrip added.

"I thought you were better than that." Mudskip sighed.

"Unbelievable man." Viko added. All of them walked away before I could say a word. What have I done? Everyone hates me. It was a mistake, I should have just let her go. Would have been better for everyone. Why am I so stupid! No one needs me anyway!

"AHHHHH!" I yelled out of anger, punching the air. I fell to my knees in the snow. How could I?