Chapter 17 - Hunters Mistake

--------------------
Eylimi's POV:
--------------------

"So... Which way now, navigator?" Hunter asked. We had just reached this island. We stopped and hovered in the air for a while. I looked around.

"This isn't on the map?" I said to myself as I tried to unfold the huge thing.

"It's probably just not in the place you think it is." He answered for me.

"No really, it's not here." I pointed to where we were, and all around us was supposed to be ocean. Instead if I were to look down we would see a dessert. There aren't many desserts in the middle of the ocean. This one was completely frozen. A dessert of snow laid below us.

"Give me that." Hunter took the map off me. He turned it left and right trying to see if we were looking at it from the wrong direction.

"This is weird." I muttered.

"There must be something wrong with the map." He jumped to conclusions before giving it back to me. I thought to myself for a moment before Cloudjumper dove. He landed in the snow as I slid off. Hunter landed in front of me. "Really? I thought we were looking for the dragons." He pointed out.

"I want to know what this place is first." I stated before walking around Firedrop. It wasn't a hot dessert. Not that a really know the feeling of hot. But wasn't cold either. It was just plain. So plain it was just flat snow for miles. So plain, no wonder why no one lives here. I turned a full 180 degrees to look at my surroundings. Nothing but snow in ever direction but behind me where there was just ocean.

"Well this is boring." Hunter complained.

"Grrrrr..." Both dragons growled quietly.

"Let's just go, there are clearly no dragons here Eylimi." He began to turn around to get on Firedrop but I stopped him.

"No wait." I said quietly. I heard a strange noise. "Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Other than the sound of me leaving? No." He said turning around again. The ground shook ever so slightly. I bent down to have a look. I lifted a pile of snow in my hand. "Come on let's go." Hunter begged.

"GRRRRR!" I heard both dragons growl loudly. I stood up to see where they were looking. Far in the distance I saw this small snow hill. I squinted my eyes to try and block out the sun. The small dot got bigger and bigger.

"What the?" Hunter began as he stood up on his dragon to get a better look. As it got closer I saw it moving. It got closer and closer until I heard... "SANDWRAITHS!" Hunter yelled. I looked closer to see a bunch of the dragons diving in and out of the snow. Their heads are shaped so they can dive through sand and snow like dolphins except not in water. There were well over fifty of them heading this way.

"Go, go, GO!" I yelled as I hopped on Cloudjumper. Both dragons quickly took to the air. I felt a sense of relief before suddenly I was pulled down. "AHHH!" I yelled. I noticed Cloudjumpers tail was caught by one of the dragons. We landed with a thump as I slid off. Quickly without thinking I began running in the direction the dragons were heading, trying to keep up with them so hopefully I don't get run over. I saw Cloudjumper got back into the sky.

"EYLIMI!" I heard from above me. Hunter was trying to get low enough to reach me but the Sandwraiths weren't gonna let that happen. If he got to close they would bring him down with me. I noticed the snow was getting lighter as I ran, meaning judging on how deep it is, I could fall straight through.

"AHH!" I yelled as a Sandwraith dove over me before burying itself in the snow below.

"Grab my hand!" He reached but he still wasn't low enough. I saw the lighter snow ahead and it was becoming harder to run as the snow got thinner. I got deeper and deeper. "JUMP!" He yelled. I tried but I was getting to deep in the snow. Suddenly a Sandwraith jumped out from underneath me, flinging me up into the air.