Pretty Close

harry knew i was in love with him.
he could tell in the way my eyes lit up with warmth and light the moment they found his face. he felt it in every touch my fingertips made with his skin as they never failed to be gentle and soft with him, almost as i i feared he would disappear should i dare pressing too hard. harry thought the depths of my feelings were cery clear ti hear in my voice, since whenever i spoke to him there was nothing but pure adoration in my tone. harry knew. and it made him feel happier than he had believed a man was capable of feeling.

"I can't tell you what it is, man" he confessed to his friend john one night, "I just know, you know?" john took a sip from his drink and watched with an amused expression how his friend's cheeks flushed at the thought of his best friend fancying him. it was strange, he found, how a man who was admired and loved so widely by different people, got all flustered and pink when thinking about just one girl who he so desperately hoped would love him.

"And you love her as well?' john wanted to know, a smirk pulling at his mouth since he was quite cetain he already knew the answer to his question. harry looked up, teeth pulling and biting at his bottom lip while his hair was sticking into all kinds of directions. he looked almost like a child, deeply stuck in thoughts it didn't understand. he nodded shyly. "I think i do."

the words were quiet and the moment they left his lips harry's orbs fell back to his hands and the pink shae in his cheeks deepened. he reminded john much of a school boy, cheeky and unsure in the world of lovers. "Mate" john chuckled, "You can't claim to know for sure how someone else is feeling and be so uncertain about your own emotions."

harry shrugged ans swallowed hard. "I just think... i mean it's not that simple, is it? especially with y/n since she's just the best person ever. if i'm right and she does love me then that means so much more than if someone else did." "You value her a lot." "Course i do." john grinned. "Are we having this conversation 'cause you wat me to confirm that youe get them for her?"

"I need you to tell me that to do" harry murmured. his hands, heavily decorated with rings and tattoos, shook with the anxiety of being so open and honest about a secret he'd held close to his heart for so long. john shrugged. "I think you should just ask her if your assumption is correct. be upfront about it and don't mess around. she's the kind of person who appreciated honestly and you two are so tight together i doubt it'd be awkward even if you were wrong."

"But you don't think i could be wrong, right?" "No, harry, don't worry about that. i'm sure y/n's into you too." and so all harry needed to do was pull out his phone, take a deep breath and click the tiny phone symbol next to my name. of course i didn't let him wait for too long and instead answered to his call almost emmediately.

"Hello, harry! how are you?"

john's eyebrows arched. when he called me i never sounded even half as excited as i did upon recieving harry's. he didn't take any offense though and only felt happier for his friend.

"I'm good, love" harry hummed, "And you?"

"I'm great. better now that you're calling me, actually. what's up?"

harry cleared his throat. john nudged his leg with his foot and mouthed the words 'spit it out'.

"Listen, i- well i got something i want to talk to you about. preferably not over the phone. it's nothing bad though, love, don't you worry about it."

"Okay" i paused, unsure of what i should think. his words did litte to easy the excitement his words caused in my belly.

"Can you meet me at my place in say 30 minutes?"

"Sure" i agreed, "Of course. you're alright, aren't you?"

"I'm fine, promise" harry chuckled, his heart nearly bursting at the care in my voice.