28 | losing control

Start from the beginning

    Even though a hundred more questions began to filled her head, she just couldn't grasp the concept completely "this sounds crazy, you realize that?"

    "I said the same thing, honey, in the end it's not as crazy as it seems" he smiled lightly and looked down at his work, before taking a few steps away from the circle.

Rhena thought of that answer, maybe it was crazy, but it was now her reality, and she had to learn how to live with it. Maybe she could convince him to give her a full explanation, as soon as she recovered for the tidbits he gave her.

"now, calm your breathing" she took a deep breath and tried to manage it with little exercises "close your eyes and feel the air around you, the elements serve as multiple purposes" she closed her eyes and felt the breeze against her skin, tickling "think of a single rock, picture it in your mind, what makes that rock be that rock..."

    Rhena took a deep breath and did as she was told. She imagined a rock, its shape, characteristics, the texture, everything that made that rock. She didn't know the purpose of it, but was sorta entertaining.

    "I want you to see it in your mind, now image it's levitating slowly from the ground" as she picture that in her mind, she felt a tingle in her arms that traveled through her chest to her head and fingertips "open your eyes" he instructed and she did, when her eyes adjustment to the light, she was surprised to see that all the rocks were levitating around her, even the ones that were far away.

    She opened her mouth in astonishment, trying to wrap her head around what she was able to do when calmed and guided. It felt good, not agitated or pressured, something she constancy felt when she used her powers.

    Rhena looked at her father, only to be greeted with a smile from his part. She smiled back, feeling accomplished and proud of herself. It was a foreign feeling, she didn't mind feeling it more often.

    "you are capable of wonderful things, Rhena Juliet, it's just a matter of how you wish to use it"

  ҉ 

"So if I throw a candle at you, would it burn you?"

    Rhena raised her eyebrows at her, chuckling a little at her question. Caroline turned to see her, smiling as she took a sip from her coffee.

    The two had their arms link walking towards the blonde's car, it had gotten dark while they were hanging out at the Grill. After knowing each other's secrets, they could finally talk freely about them. Rhena shook her head and just as she was about to go to the passenger side of the car, someone call out to Caroline. The turned their heads in the direction of the voice, and Matt was standing there.

The blonde turn to Rhena, and she simply nodded, telling her to go. Caroline jogged towards Matt, and she was left there waiting. She leaned against the car, when suddenly a colder breeze hit her face, making her shiver. Then, she felt something she hadn't felt in a while.

The cold breeze caress around her cheek, as if someone's hand was there. Then the dread came in, and it made her stomach plum and twist. Her heart began to beat faster, so much she could feel it in her throat, making her breathing heavy. The same feelings she had been trying so hard to avoid.