Chapter 3

Xayah's POV

When I woke up the sun was almost down, almost the end of the afternoon I would say, damn that sleeping potion Ini made really was effective. I turned around and search the nest but no one was in sight. I did what I had to do and walked at the nest's exist. Looking at the landscape it really looked like the moors, I really miss it to be honest...I hope nothing happened to any of the feys.

I then decided to go discover the place on my own, on foot, I walked, not really knowing were I was going, just following my instinct. I followed a path on the desert's mountains and came at a stop when I saw Udo teaching children how to fly, I was quite amazed, remembering how easy it was once you jumped off, but that was a long time ago...and It's not like I could go and help them.

"Are you lost little wren?" I jumped out of surprise seing Borra at my side also looking at the children.

"Not really, just discovering the place....it's really beautiful" I stopped to look up at him 

"I'm sorry for last time, for almost killing you with my powers. I'm having a hard time just understanding how it works" 

"You don't have to apologies, I'm the one who attacked you in the first place. So, sorry about that" he said with a small smirk 

"You are forgiven, warrior" I said also smiling "I remember being their age" I said pointing to the children playing with Udo "Learning how to fly and all that stuff. They're lucky, my memories about that time aren't that happy, I didn't get to have a teacher, nor anyone like me to be honest" I sighed "Now that I'm thinking about it, when I woke up a lot of these children were around me and started to ask me way too much questions, that is why I ran into the forest, it was..."

"Overwhelming ?" He said looking back at me 

"Yeah.." I said looking at the ground, but a few second later I saw tiny feet starting to come in front of me. I raised my head to see the children that were there when I awaken, all smiling at me. I backed away until my back bumped against Borra's chest 

"Hey do you feel better since last time ? We were worried after you ran in the forest"

"So you are Maleficent's daughter ? That's so cool she looks like a great mommy, my mommy is great too she's the best!"

"Udo is so cool he teach us how to fly and how to levitate and you should see him"

"Your horns are so pretty can I see please??" I was again, really overwhelmed by all of their questions. My head started to hurt from all of this, then felt a pair of hands of my shoulders which calmed me almost immediately. 

"Okay all of you shoo, go back to your parents, class is over and it is almost bed time for all of you" all the kids were disappointed at his statement 

"But we wanted to play with her..." Borra sighed clearly losing his patience

"Children. She is still in recovery so having you all barging at her like that just make her feel worse, maybe Udo will let you play later if you behave"

"We will we swear!" they all laughed and flew away to join their parents. I put my hand on my head closing my eyes sighing. 

"Thanks...I'm really not good with children plus, ugh how can such a small beings can make so much noises...." 

"Who knows. Are you okay ?" Borra put his hand on my forehead to feel my temperature "Your head is hot you should go back to Ini's nest-"

"No please...I feel like I have slept for ages already, and I'm a little hungry" I said putting my other hand on my belly.