Chapter 2

Xayah's POV

I was near the bridge mother built to go to Ulstead, it was quiet calm but then I saw a green glow from the castle, I waited at the bridge when I saw mother flying back to the moors but without Aurora, I waved at her and saw her getting shot and falling into the river, I ran and dived into the water trying to get her out of the fast water current, but she was way too heavy for me with her wings. Nevertheless I tried as best as I could not to drown, and saw a branch hard enough for us to get us out of the water , when we came near it I grabbed it and proceeded to get us out, but at that moment I felt pain in my left shoulder and couldn't hold the branch anymore. I tried so hard not to faint, still holding on mother as much as I could, but a second shot was fired and everything went black.

Normal POV

As queen Ingrith waited in the main room where the events took place, her dedicated servent Gerda came in.

"Is it done ?" Gerda fiddled with her fingers behind her back, uneasy

"Not exactly...when I shot her she fell into the river, but another creature that looked like her but without wings dived in to save her, I tried to take care of her as well and I was able to shot her twice, as they were finally about to drown something came from the sky and saved them both.."

"And how did they look like?"

"Like her....like Maleficent" Ingrith took a deep breath then smirked to her servant

"Let us get ready then, we wouldn't want something happen without our acknowledgement"

"Yes my Queen" Gerda bowed to queen Ingrith and headed to the forge

Xayah's POV 

I woke up being incredibly exhausted, as I felt the pain from my left shoulder and my back fading,I started to move slowly trying to open my eyes.

"Look look she's waking up"

"Her horns are so pretty...."

"But look she don't have wings" three voices were whispering and seemed quite young 

I started to open my eyes slowly, to get used to the light. As I opened them fully I saw 3 little children, but not any type of children, dark fey children, as my eyes widened in shock the three children started to fire me with questions

"You are so pretty, you're lucky Conall found you and the beautiful woman"

"Your horns are so beautiful, hey what kind of dark fey are you? I'm a jungle fey" said the colored one

"Why don't you have any wings ? are you born without them?"

My head started pounding as they asked me all of these questions, me not even knowing where I am and not seing mother anywhere, I started panicking. In a rush I got up and ran into the nearest forest as fast as I could, I'm sure these children meant no harm but I am so lost. What happened? Where am I? How did I get here?  After a few minutes of running, I still couldn't figure where I was, but I was far enough from anyone. I came at a stop when I heard the leaves rustling, I tried to look everywhere around me but as I was walking backward I bumped into something, I turned around and was astonished to find a male dark fey who was quite menacing by the looks.

"What are you doing here little wren? " The man eyed me head to toes as I stayed silent, when I looked at him i felt a weird feeling, i don't know what it was but I never felt it before, is it because I'm safe? Or because I'm in danger? I opted for the second option and started to get a defensive position showing my fangs and ready to strike back

"Go away from me...." The man smirked at that and responded

"You're not like us...our horns are alike...but your eyes are something that I've never seen befo-"