Chapter 74: Blizzards and Hells (EP. 03)

Previously:

It was already obvious who won.

But the fight isn't over yet.
______________________________________

Hans groggily fluttered his eyes open, his consciousness regained. Gritting his teeth, he realized that his back is rested against the cement wall which is gifted with a massive crack, his eyes landing on the crossbow just beside his leg.

His hand found itself touching his bleeding head, but nonetheless he couldn't care as his vision began to return to its sharp state; a quick glance of a shirtless fire king walking up to him without any kind of weapon lighting him up since this is an actual opportunity to avenge himself.

But little did he know he's making a big mistake.

Aiden's eyes glowed hot and bright like thousands of Suns combined, his hands that consisted a very abnormal temperature are already itching to wrap around the ex-prince's neck.

The glimpse of his wife being thrown roughly by the auburn haired prisoner made his blood boil even more, his mouth releasing literal smoke as he angrily huffed like a bursting dragon.

Hans fired an arrow towards him, but the arrow stopped midway and faded into nothing but ashes. His lungs failed to produce air as nervousness overtook him, his panic beginning to rise after another arrow failed to reach the fire king.

"H-hah-URK!" Hans yelped, feeling a powerful hand chain itself around his veined neck.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't burn you down right this moment!" Aiden boomed, his fueled power beginning to cause multiple burns on Hans' neck.

"I-ARGH!"

"You dared to kill my wife before her sister's eyes and failed, now you and your goons tried again. I am going to ensure that you will fail again."

"AIDEN!" Elsa screamed, two heavily armed Arendellian guards now at her side, "No! Don't do it!"

Lieutenant Matthias arrived soon after, alongside Captain Lars whom ran over to secure Maria, Diego and Carlito, motioning a troop of their men to hold down their king from doing something he'll regret.

"Your fate rests beneath my fingertips." Aiden smirked, "And only death should be gifted upon you."

Hans' face is contorted with utter pain, his face beginning to turn blue due to lack of oxygen.

Elsa's eyes widened in horror, her heartbeat increasing its pace as death is nearly ready to succumb the man who almost killed her.

With one, shocking icy blast, the floor beneath them transformed into an ice rink, making Aiden lose his balance and release Hans.

Hans fell weakly against the ice, a burn forming around his neck and his chest heaving for air- while Aiden fell unconscious due to overuse of power.

Elsa skated over to her husband in worry, inspecting his entire form to see if he injured himself or not. Thankfully, nothing happened to him besides the massive purple bruise on the hard planes of his chest and his sprained shoulder.

She had healed her bruised shoulder with her ice, and it's gone like it's never been there before. She examined Aiden's fists, his knuckles slightly swollen from too much punching.

Captain Lars approached the Queen of Arendelle slowly, putting a hand on her shoulder assuringly, "We'll handle him, your Majesty."

"He's for me to handle, captain." Elsa sighs, brushing Aiden's hair carefully, "Just carry him to the infirmary, that will be enough."

"Affirmative, your majesty. Sigrid, Bard! Get his majesty to the infirmary, and Jorgensen, Clark! Confiscate their weapons and tie them up down in seperate cells! Lieutenant Matthias and the rest, inspect and examine the entire castle for any possible look outs!"

"And Kai?" Elsa called.

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Send a letter to the King of Spain."

____________________________________

"How is he?"

"He's awake, your Majesty. Shall I leave you two alone?"

"I would appreciate that, thank you, Gerda."

The head maid exited the infirmary, while the ice queen entered and quietly sat on Aiden's bedside, the fire king cupping his wife's face and pressing a kiss on her temple, "Oh gods, Elsa, I thought I was gonna lose you.. Again.."

Elsa smiled and remained unmoving in his arms, her fingers burrowed in his hair, "You can never lose me, Aiden. I thought I was going to lose you. She... She wanted to steal you from me and I... I.."

"No, snowflake, no. I won't let anything or anyone seperate us just like that. I won't let anyone make a threat on your life.. You're the only girl in my story, and I'll be the only one in yours." He whispered, kissing her knuckles, "Minn elska."

"Min elskede." Elsa affectionately responded, playing with his hair as she sat on his lap, "Norwegian suits you, my king." She whispered, brushing her lips against his ear, "Learn it more, please."

"For you, of course I will." He responded, pecking her lips before wincing, "My shoulder will be out for a week. Those guys I slugged are brutal.."

"Take all the time you need, lover." Elsa smiled, massaging the back of his neck, "And... I have to face the King of Spain in a few days. I'm sure Maria will be put under trial."

"I don't even get why she wants me all to herself. What, she ignored the fact that I'm married?" Aiden groaned in frustration.

"Enough about her, you're only stressing yourself. The soup I asked from Gerda will arrive any minute now, I'll feed you and you're going to rest up after eating."

"I can feed myself, snowflake. You don't have to bother doing so."

"But I want to." Elsa pouted, running her fingers down his bare chest to tickle the purple bruise with ice, "Does that make it feel better?" She nuzzled his neck, continuing her work.

"Mh, yes, very much so. With your ice, the bruise will fade in no time." Aiden sighed contentedly, then grunted, "My head feels like it crashed against the wall. Can you please-?"

"Of course, I'm glad you're enjoying." Elsa giggled, burrowing her fingers in the forest of his hair once more to pepper some ice on his scalp, "You like this?"

"Oh Greek gods above, you're a natural."

"You're flattering me too much, lover."