Have your cake and eat it too (Michael Clifford Fluff)

Summary: It is (Y/N)'s birthday, and Michael has a surprise for her. 
(Words: 2.1k) (Request: yeehaw-inc)

--

The clock barely strikes midnight before my phone rings, making Michael's contact pop up on my screen. Knowing Michael, I would be lying if I said I was not expecting this. I accept the call, bringing the phone to face level so I can look at him, even through a screen.
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear (Y/N), happy birthday to youuuuu..." Michael sings, excitement written all over his face. I can't help but giggle as he sings, my heart fluttering as I look at his cute face.
"And I thought you had forgotten about my birthday." I tease him, making Michael roll his eyes.
"Thank you, my love. You know you didn't have to stay up to call me, right? It would be just as sweet if you called me in the morning. What time is it over there, anyway?" I ask and he huffs.
"Late. But don't worry about it. Tell me, what are your plans for your birthday, baby?" He asks me as I relax back on my bed. I shrug my shoulders, pouting a little as I think of it.
"Well, I don't really have any plans..." I reply and he knits his eyebrows together.
"Why so? It's your birthday, you should treat yourself." He almost coos at me, his eyes piercing into me.
"I have an early class tomorrow and then I need to study for the exams. But Sierra promised to take me out for dinner, so yeah, I have some plans for my birthday." I reply and he chuckles.
"I wish I was there, angel. I wish I was there to spend the day with you. I am so sorry I have to be away on your birthday." He looks too apologetic, making my heart ache for how hurt he looks.
"Don't be, baby. We will have so much fun when you get back. We will celebrate my birthday then, I promise."
"It won't be the same." He sighs and I coo.
"It will, baby. You don't have to worry about it. What you are doing right now is more important than my birthday." I smile at him, but I feel my stomach drop at the thought of my insignificance in Michael's world.
"I... I have to go. I'll call you tomorrow, ok angel?" He asks and I nod.
"Ok, baby. Sweet dreams, I love you." I sing and he chuckles.
"I love you too. Happy birthday, darling." He repeats, blowing me a kiss before he hangs up.

I didn't even want to get off the bed in the morning, my heart desiring to stay in and bury my body in between the covers. Since I can't have my boyfriend to cuddle with, the only affection I get is from my weighted blanket, which roughly resembles the weight of Michael when he crushed me underneath him in a bear hug. Fuck, I am getting sad and sappy, and right now, I don't have time to even do that.

The bell rings, snapping me out of staring myself in the mirror absentmindedly.
I leave the toothbrush by the sink and spit out my toothpaste before I walk to the door to see who is behind it.
"Happy Birthday, angel." Kaitlin cheers as I open the door. She is smiling from ear to ear and holding a paper base with 2 coffees, which for now look like the most precious thing on earth.
"Thank you so much... Come on in." I invite her, moving from the door.
"I thought you were on tour with the guys..." I state as she hugs me and presses a kiss on top of my head.
"I was. I came back yesterday, with something very special for you, from a special boy." She winks at me, placing the cups on my table.
"Babe, thank you so much for everything... But I have a class in like an hour and I can't stay and hang out with you." I apologize and she smiles.
"I know. Michael told me last night. I just wanted to bring you some coffee and your gift, because, in all honesty, Michael would kill me if I didn't. But, I talked with Sierra and we have plans for tonight, just us girls." She snickers and I hum.
"Ok, then." I clap my hands together as she reaches in her bag for my present.
"Michael told me to be extra careful with it, said it is precious..." She hands me the box. It is plain white, with a ribbon and bow in my favorite color. I run my fingers over it before I undo it and raise the lid, uncovering some tissue paper protecting what's inside. I dig into it, revealing a beautiful book, with a black glossy cover and gold letters spelling 'Prettiest Angel on Earth'. I squint my eyes, looking at Kaitlin who seems to be as ignorant of what is inside.