🌛 I need time

Warning: this might break your hearts. Reader discretion is advised.

"You honestly think I wanted this?!"

"I don't know, did you?!"

The argument was ridiculous, as some would say. After Mark and Sunmi had been exposed by dispatch, SM had no other choice but to confirm their relationship. Regrettably so. Because they knew how the two wanted to keep everything under the radar until they were ready.

But Dispatch couldn't have caught them at better time.

Mark had been going through piled up stress. That and worrying about the comeback, going from NCT to SuperM, he suddenly felt homesick and he was dealing with getting sick because of all of this. So he needed time to get away from the group and just talk to someone.

So he asked Sunmi, his girlfriend who was his best friend before this, to talk to him at Han River. He really needed someone to listen to him and she just so happen to be the best candidate.

He didn't gun on Dispatch following them and he sure as hell didn't think they would get exposed like that, completely losing control of everything he held close to him. And that included Sunmi.

And when Mark feels like he lost control, he tends to fly off the handle and take it out on the next available person.

And that person happens to be Sunmi.

Which started this huge and hurtful word battle between the two. And one that no one saw coming.

"Are you seriously implying that I had anything to do with Dispatch following us?! Are you out of your head?!" Sunmi yelled back.

One thing she would never do was jeopardize anything for the group or for whoever she's in a relationship with. It was never in her character.

But Mark just kept looking at her with dark eyes. Dark rings were around his eyes, he looked like he needed to sleep and he looked completely stressed.

"Well, it seems to me that I can't trust anyone nowadays." He said angrily. "Not even my own girlfriend."

Sunmi paused, feeling a pang of hurt shoot through her veins. Those words really hurt. Like hell.

"Mark, you're not yourself right now." She spoke, pushing that feeling aside. Not wanting to show him weakness. "You're stressed and I get it but-"

"Oh, you get it?!" He scoffed, as if she could know what he's going through. "Please, you don't get it. Everything is so perfect in your little world.

Perfect little Sunmi. I'm SMs favorite, I could do no wrong. I don't have to worry about stress because I am SMs favorite. As if you could know an ounce of what I'm going through."

Rage started to rise in her. Rage and the urge to hit him in the face. How dare he say something like that to her? How dare he think she doesn't know how it feels to be under this amount of pressure?! He was acting like he was the only one in this group who wasn't affected by this.

He was being really selfish and she knows he wouldn't be saying this had not Dispatch exposed them like that. But that didn't mean he could spill his anger at her. Someone who was also going through this.