𝙎𝙏𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙎

warning: tear jerker for those who are faint of hearts or just generally emotional like me

There is nothing worse than falling sick when you are about to perform.

Even worse when you have a weak immune system.

But on top of that, Sunmi got seriously sick due to anxiety, dieting and stress. Between promoting with 127, having her performances with Dream, and being made to go on a diet because she was 'gaining weight', everything took a huge toll on her.

She hid it well. Not giving off any signal that she was eating way less than normal or that she was feeling super nauseous.

They had a show to perform. She was not gonna mess this up for everyone.

The group traveled to Osaka for an SMTown Show with all of the other SM artists.

Everything was going well. She was able to perform with Dream without fail, despite the ringing in her ears and the lack of oxygen in her lungs.

She was able to perform well with the rest of the unit okay. But it wasn't until after performing Black On Black was where the real problem began.

As anyone would know, Black On Black took a lot of hard and fast movements. It was a hard dance to learn and an even harder dance to perform perfectly.

Sunmi, in the back of her mind, should have told their manager that she was feeling sick. She should have told someone that she was feeling that way but her stupid pride and fear prevented her from doing so.

She felt like if she sat one out, she would be letting down the fans, the boys and everyone that was watching.

And her pride didn't allow her to do that.

So instead, she tried to regain herself in the bathroom until someone knocked on the door, signaling her that it was time to go on stage.

"Sunmi-ah!" She recognized that voice to be Taemin from Shinee. "Everyones looking for you! It's almost time!"

Sunmi, who had been hyperventilating as she leaned against the sink, lifted her head to look at herself in the mirror. Her skin looked visibly paler, her eyes seemed sunken in and she looked like she had been running for miles.

She couldn't go out like that. She had to make an appearance. She was one of the visuals of the group, for God sakes! And she's looking like this?!

Sunmi quickly straightened her hair and wiped the seeat from her face with paper towels, ignoring the migraine drilling in her head.

"C-Coming!" She yelled back as if nothing was wrong.

•━━━ ✽ • ✽ ━━━•

Taemin was gonna knock again but the door swung open so fast, it almost made his head spin.

Sunmi smiled up at him. "Thank you for warning me," she said happily.

Taemin smiled back but noticed a lot about her. Her body was worryingly skinny. In fact, she seemed to be getting skinnier as the day goes by.