Chapter Fifteen

They watched the men in black move among the trees, setting up a perimeter and Ian made sure Nick recorded it all.

~~

Peter Ludlow watched the organised chaos as the equipment was unloaded and set up. They'd need to find a good location for base camp and begin capturing specimens for the park in San Diego. Everything was going well, he would be looked to as the savior of the company, his uncle had been a visionary once, but he was old now, it was time for the next generation to step up. His cousin had no interest in the company which worked well for him, though her children might, but he had none of his own so that was alright. Getting Roland to head the expedition had been the best of luck, the man was very hard to hire. The man rarely left Africa but the chance of seeing a T-Rex or Raptor had convinced him to come. The only possibly better choice would have been Muldoon as he had experience from the park with the animals they were hunting, though he was a game warden, not a hunter.

Weapons came up as suddenly they were surrounded by men in black, all armed to the teeth.

"Stand down! You are all under arrest for trespassing."

"This is InGen property!" He yelled back and the man in charge glared at him.

"These are the Sanctus Islands, sovereign territory. InGen owns the dinosaurs that live here but that does not you the right to come without approval from the King. Now, lay down your weapons and come quietly. You will all be detained and questioned, the courts will decide what to do with you."

It was obvious no one wanted to, but they were also severely outnumbered. In the end they were all restrained and taken to a boat that was waiting.

~~

"What was that?" Nick asked as they watched.

"Sanctus Navy taking trespassers into custody," Ian answered, smirking. "Smug bastard deserves it," that last bit was murmured.

"Uh..."

"Relax Eddie, we have permission."

"Indeed you do, get some good footage?" A voice asked and Ian chuckled.

"Sirius," he greeted as he got up. "I was half expecting Harry to show up."

"Hermione's keeping him distracted," the wizard smirked, and Ian laughed, shaking his hand. "Come on, let's get you four to safety," he held out a Portkey which Ian and Sarah grabbed immediately, Eddie and Nick needing some encouragement, the soldiers would handle their equipment.

~~

Harry watched the security footage of the cell holding Ludlow, he'd never met the man before, but he was not impressed. Proof that family didn't mean people were similar, though his own relatives were proof enough of that.

He had all of the relevant paperwork ready to go, notice of his crimes had been sent to America and they were just awaiting their response. They could try him and those with him, themselves and technically they had no extradition treaty with America because only MACUSA knew of their existence. This wasn't the best way to be revealed to the mundane world, but they'd always known it would happen. Some of their trading partners knew the truth as their magicals were fully integrated but they had kept the secret as part of the trade deals. Technically the UN knew about them, but they had done a good job burying the paperwork. If news of this mess broke, he doubted it would take long to dig that paperwork up though.

They were about to go public in a very big way and yeah, it made him nervous, but there was no other way.

~~

Hermione smiled and fixed Harry's tie, he always looked so dashing in his formal suits. An official party from the US government were arriving in a few minutes. She then grabbed his official crown and he grumbled playfully but let her settle it on his head before he reached out and fixed the collar of her jacket.

She smiled and moved to the mirror to check her hair, the tropical air did her no favours but so far it was staying in place, she liked the ribbon halo braid because it kept her hair off her neck without being too severe while the thin braid across the top made it that bit fancier. She laughed as Harry pulled her in, kissing her softly and then she pushed him back. "No smudging my lipstick," she warned, checking her hemline was straight.

"You look beautiful," he offered, and she kissed his cheek.

"You look pretty good yourself Your Majesty." She was wearing a smart, dark green sleeveless dress with a small black jacket over it and matching black heels, matching the green of his shirt. Thanks to magic, they could dress smartly without roasting in the heat or sweating through it. Cooling charms were a necessity on the islands.

They left the Royal Chambers and headed down to the main receiving room to await the representatives. The others who made up Harry's Council were there and dressed to impress.

~~

"Press releases are ready to go," Ted murmured as they watched the private jet take off, without Ludlow on board.

Harry nodded. "Send them," he answered. Better they do it than let the US announce them to the world. They weren't exactly happy with them for holding Ludlow and company but a call from John Hammond had taken some of the pressure off since the Hammond Foundation was still under his control and a big donor to many charities and even the occasional politician.

"Things'll be getting interesting now," Sirius stated the obvious and Harry rolled his eyes before they apparated back to the house, all of them wanting to ditch the formal clothing.

~~

They sprawled across the couches; eyes fixed on the TVs as the news about the Sanctus Islands broke across the world. No mention of magic or dinosaurs was made but Harry's name was given and there were several carefully chosen photos of him and others in the government, some candids and some posed. The news that they were holding an American and his hunting team had to be revealed but it was done on their terms. They were being held on trespassing and poaching charges to those not in the know. So far, it was getting some mild negative press from the US, expected, but other countries seemed happy they were standing up to American 'hunters. They would have to wait and see how the public reacted.

~~

Harry stood on the dais, watching the seats fill, dressed in Royal finery with his circlet in place. Alan was standing in front of him, decked out in a suit and looking ill at ease. Ian, Sirius, and Remus standing beside him, Ian smirking. The music began and everyone stood, turning to look. Sarah Harding walked down the aisle in a pretty dress of blue, Hermione behind her and then Ellie's oldest friend before Ellie herself appeared, dressed in a stunning white gown. Harry smothered a grin when Alan's jaw practically dropped at the sight.

This was the first wedding Harry was performing and he was excited and nervous. He'd memorized the service, thankful for Occlumency in ensuring he remembered it all. There was no way he was going to mess this up. He watched as Alan took Ellie's arm and she handed her bouquet to her friend. Harry took a deep breath to settle his nerves and began the service.

~~

Hermione smiled as she joined Harry on the beach, leaning against his side and he took her hand in his.

"Remember what happened here?" he grinned at her and she frowned before laughing.

"You mean my asking you to be my boyfriend?" she laughed, and he grinned.

"Well, it's my turn." He got up and then knelt down in front of her, pulling out a box. "Hermione Jane Granger, will you marry me?"

She stared at the box and the ring within and then up at Harry before smiling. "Yes," she threw her arms around him and kissed him soundly before he pulled back and removed the ring from the box, slipping it onto her finger. "It's beautiful," she whispered.

"It was my mother's engagement ring, Sirius helped me find it."

"Guess I'll have to thank him." She looked down at the ring. It looked like white gold, set with an emerald, a small diamond on each side of it.

"I love you," he whispered, leaning in to kiss her and she smiled.

"I love you."