Chapter Eight

Watching the town spring up from the jungle thanks to a mix of magical and non-magical building methods was kind of awe inspiring. He'd never seen anything like it before and he was probably the best travelled of their small family. That had been another shock, being accepted into the family without hesitation. The Potters had welcomed him as a friend of James, but he had always sensed the slight holding back in their interactions with him, unlike their acceptance of Sirius. They'd known what he was and been rightly wary. There was nothing of that here, he'd been welcomed, even by the Tonks' who could recognize his scars for what they were, the golden tint to his eyes.

Seeing Harry again after so long...it hurt but it also calmed Moony. He hadn't realized it, but his wolf had been pining for his cub since James and Lily had died. He should have fought harder to have some sort of contact with the child. Instead he had been blinded by his faith in Dumbledore, who had never mentioned the family Harry was with by name. If he had, nothing would have stopped Remus finding Harry and taking him away. He remembered Petunia and her oaf of a husband all too well, how could anyone even consider leaving any child, let alone a magical one, with them?

"Hey Moony!"

He turned and smiled as Sirius jogged over, beginning to tan under the tropical sun, with how much time they spent on the island even while the house was being finished, and looking so much healthier, freer, than Remus had seen him in a very long time. He'd been shocked and horrified by his friend's condition when he'd first seen him but now, he was healthy again, although still plagued often by nightmares, though even those were slowly lessening.

Remus stood and stretched before walking to join his best friend. They would be joining the family on a trip to Washington D.C., a learning opportunity for the kids, while Ted and Andy got everything moved into the new house on the island.

~~

Harry finished reading, took a deep breath, and picked up the fountain pen, signing it as he had been practicing for the last few months. HRH Henry James Sirius Black Potter. The document flashed as the magic accepted his new legal name and cheers went up. Sirius had offered just after Christmas, and he had accepted, so now he was Sirius' adopted son and heir.

Dan laughed, and they all looked at him, making him shrug, "You realise there are now two royals called Henry who use Harry?"

"Yes, but Prince Harry will likely never be King unlike our Harry," Hermione informed her father.

"King...you're all crazy," Harry still couldn't believe they wanted him as King.

"You will be a good King, kiddo. You know what it's like to be at the other end of the line status wise, that gives you a leg up over the other monarchs. Now we need to work out a Crown!" Sirius grinned and Remus slapped the back of his head.

"Congratulations Your Highness," Ragnok, King of the Goblins bowed ever so slightly, and Harry copied him. "The ICW will be informed by magic now that the constitution has been signed, however they won't actually see the document and so will not know who the current monarch is. The non-magical governments will not be informed until you choose."

"Right," Harry nodded and then sat down, feeling exhausted which was silly since all he'd done was sign a piece of paper. "How's the setup of the Gringotts branch here going?"

"Well, we have completed the tunnels and are arranging the security. We have altered the standard above ground building to follow island laws and construction is nearing completion. We estimate the bank will be ready in another month. As you asked, we have also ensured the wading of the school so that incidents such as you reported being common in Hogwarts cannot happen," Ragnok assured him. "The warding of the remaining islands is also on schedule."