Chapter Two

Ted accepted the note from Hedwig and blanched as he read over Harry's quick explanation, praying the Headmaster acted swiftly since he knew the child would have contacted someone in the school first. He quickly got up and went to the Floo, calling Amelia Bones.

"Barrister Tonks? What is it?" She asked as she answered, wondering what else he had dug up since Lockhart's arrest.

"A student has gone missing at Hogwarts, Miss Ginevra Weasley, first year student and Arthur's youngest. The students have been sealed in their common rooms, but my ward did send a message to the Headmaster. With all the attacks this year..."

"Attacks?" she demanded, what attacks? "Come through," she ordered, unlocking her fireplace, so he quickly entered the Floo, stepping out easily into her office, dusting himself off swiftly.

"Hasn't Susan mentioned? It started on Halloween with Mrs. Norris, found outside the second-floor girls bathroom petrified. There was also a message saying the Chamber of Secrets had been opened again, enemies of the heir beware. Since then several students have been petrified," he answered as he took a seat, and she frowned.

"No, her letters have said nothing," Amelia hit the call button and her secretary entered. "Get me a response team, full gear. And tell Arthur Weasley to come as well." That was not protocol but if he was still in the building, she wanted him in her office where she could break the news in person.

"Yes Ma'am." She quickly left to call the on-duty response team.

The team leader was soon in Amelia's office, in full gear. "Director," Kingsley greeted.

"We're going to Hogwarts, a student has gone missing after a series of attacks that have left others petrified," she then looked to Ted. "Did your ward mention any theories being offered on the attacker?"

"The Chamber of Secrets was meant to belong to Slytherin and he was obsessed with snakes. But no known snake can petrify. The only 'theory' was that he was behind it however those were baseless."

"You're sure?" She demanded, and he smirked slightly.

"Do you know who my ward is Madam Bones?"

"No...I didn't even know you had one," and she should have known with how often her department dealt with Ted.

"Harry Potter. For the first attack he was alone in the dorm as he refuses to feast and celebrate the fa t his parents were brutally murdered. The Fat Lady confirmed he never left but that wasn't enough to stop the rumours. For the second attack he was sedated in the hospital wing after the fraud Lockhart vanished the bones in his arm. He ended up giving a legal affidavit and I left it in the great hall when Lockhart was arrested, I also threatened those spreading rumours and out right attacking him with legal action," Ted quickly explained, knowing they had little time if they wanted to find the girl.

"I see," she wanted to ask if Susan was on that list but surely her niece had more sense than to attack another Heir?

"Even if a creature is responsible there must be a human or near-human involved for the message to have been written." Kingsley interjected.

"Agreed," Amelia stood and put on her own armour. "We will use my Floo, I will try to contact Minerva to gain entrance via her office. Otherwise we will Floo to the Three Broomsticks and fly from there."

"Yes ma'am." He left to gather his team.

"Ted..."

"I'm coming, if only to pull Harry out for safety."

"You'll bring Susan as well and return to my office." She could at least keep two students safe.

"Agreed," she didn't even have to ask, Ted would be pulling all the kids out if he had the authority. A knock sounded, and Arthur stared at them in bewilderment.