Chapter 73: Blizzards and Hells (EP. 02)

█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
10%
███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
30%
█████▒▒▒▒▒
50%
███████▒▒▒
100%
███████████████████████

Get your popcorn ready, folks.
____________________________________
She's taking too long in training. Maybe I should check on her.

It's already past four in the afternoon, and the aroma of tea roamed around the gardens as Aiden sighed contentedly on his chair; a bowl of reserved chocolates openly sitting on top of the table.

Hellwrath, Aiden's spear, lay before its owner's feet, having just been used with a training dummy which looked like it needs a fresh new replacement.

The sun is beginning to set by the horizon, while the grass is pushed back by Gale gently- the environment is so peaceful, yet not even Shakespeare can ease down Aiden's nerves.

Because something felt wrong.

"Alright, I'm up, I can't take it anymore. Let her call me protective but something feels really off." Aiden groaned and sat up from his relaxed position and took Hellwrath with him, exiting the garden then striding calmly in the halls.

Chills ran down his spine as the unusual deadly silence haunted his path, his booted steps the only noise echoing throughout his little walk. By this hour, he should hear Gerda fussing over in telling Guinette with hurrying up with their dinner or he should see Kai placing new reports on his desk, but no, it was only his shadow that accompanied him.

And he couldn't help but not regret sending the rest of the Royal Family to the Enchanted Forest.

He finally saw the tall, large oak doors leading to the courtyard, sweat profusely trickling down from his forehead to the side of his face; his breaths beginning to grow shallow each passing moment.

And with a giant leap of faith-he rammed the doors open with mighty strength.

And his heart almost jumped to the back of his throat after he saw the petrifying sight before his very own eyes.

Billions of infernos raged inside him-his blood literally boiling in his veins that it reached his palms that made smoke rise beneath his white gloves. Soon enough, the white fabric is scorched with a circular, black tormented torn. Aiden's gloves fell withering to the ground swiftly, tiny flames dying down as his now bare hands balled in sync.

"The king got worried about his queen that he decided to fall under the real king's trap."

Hans smiled evilly as he threateningly pointed a dagger to the ice queen's chest, his malevolent grin never leaving his face as the pale skinned woman struggled in his grip, her teeth clenched between shaky muttered Norwegian curses.

"Hans." Aiden scowled.

"Indeed." Hans smirked. "Your wife is one fighter, I have to say. But it wasn't too difficult to strain her since your security is out of the way."

"What did you do to the staff?!" Aiden roared angrily, "You dare to call my wife a monster but if you dare to hurt Elsa with any of your abilities I WILL BE MORE OF A MONSTER THAN SHE'LL EVER BE!"

"Woah, calm down, your majesty. I only intend to offer you a deal. But it won't be sealed by your own say."

Aiden's eyes darkened as a finely dressed figure joined the three of them, flanked by two, heavily muscled goons. His scowl intensified as he pronounced the Spanish princess's name with distaste, "Maria."

"Hello, darling. I really hate to meet you in a disturbing situation like this," Maria shot the ice queen a disgusted look, "Especially with this.. This creature around."

"You're merely showing me more reasons to not befriend you, Maria. You poisoned my men and now sided with this Southern traitor and now my wife's life falls to you and your goons' hands?! This is madness! Whatever did we do to you?"

"Oh, love, you didn't do anything wrong. However, I do want something. Or someone."

Aiden gasped, "You.. You foul woman! I should've known you wanted to hog me all to yourself!"

"Smart boy." Maria winked, leaving the fire king flabbergasted than he already was.

"I want to cut to the chase, my king. I will be frank, specific, and simple. Your wife dies before your very eyes or you're coming with me back to Spain as my fiancé with your wife alive. The choice is for you to make. But know this. If you choose the first option, I won't take it so easy."

"You already know my answer, and I won't let you hurt a single hair on Elsa!" Aiden began to ran forward to attack.

Diego took out his crossbow and fired one to Aiden's chest-and time began to run slowly as the fire king eyed the firing weapon and saw the flying arrow dashing sharp in the air.

He successfully caught the arrow with quivering bare hands; the arrow being crushed between his palms as it transformed into nothing but ashes.

Maria growled in anger and barked, "KILL HIM!"

As Aiden ignored the ridiculous realization that earlier the Spanish princess drooled before his heels and now she wants to run a sword down his throat, he lounges forward and met more quicker assaults.

Carlito and Diego dropped their crossbows and threw furious punches at the fire king, who dodged them skillfully and kicked them in the ribs. The two goons recovered so easily and jabbed his left shoulder, Aiden hissing in pain and fooled into thinking that the Spanish men had fists with the strength of ten.

He angrily avenged himself with a rough uppercut, thus, breaking Carlito's jaw.

Diego screamed out a throaty war cry and prepared a lunging punch at Aiden, yet failed miserably as the fire king slugged him instead, hurting his chest in the process. The goon grunted in pain and collapsed beside Carlito.

He didn't let the harsh pain affect his now aware stance, Hellwrath in hand.

He swung his spear mightily and spun it in the air; copying his wife's ministrations back from her first training. He tightened his grip around Hellwrath and collided his power with the growing force.

His eyes widened as he saw Hans marching forward, releasing Elsa roughly and launching her straight to the ground and unsheathing his own blade.

Elsa yelped in pain as she clutched her bruised shoulder, and checked her face if it earned any scratch. Thankfully not a single scratch etched her face, but the blooming bruise on her shoulder made her hiss as she tried to move it a bit.

Aiden jumped highly; throwing his now inflamed spear in the air. Hans ran faster, his sword already at its finest aim.

Elsa watched the two in horror, her face contorted in fear as Aiden recovered his grip around Hellwrath; ready to blast a very deadly, critical attack.

But instead of targetting Hans, Aiden thrusted the spear downwards; fiery energy and wind combining to make a ground-shaking force that sent the three antagonists flying back to crash on the castle wall.

And it's already obvious who won.

But the fight isn't over yet.