What A Wonderful Day

*Scarlett's POV*

"Hello?"

I couldn't see a thing. The entire room was pitch black. If I walked forward, I could step on something. "Hello? Is anyone there?" I tried asking again. No response. I started to feel around, I felt something shaped like a flashlight so I touched it until I found a button. I pressed the button and light shone outward from the navy blue flashlight I was now holding.

I looked at the ground. Nothing there. Just black nothingness. I walked forward...and forward...and forward...but there was nothing. Until I stepped on something that I swear wasn't there before, then there was that bright flash of white.

When the light faded, it showed a dark room with a single light string in the middle of it. I walked towards it and turned it on. I gasped and I dropped the flashlight as I surveyed the room around me.

Blood.

Bodies.

Everywhere.

My hands started to shake as I suddenly found myself short on breath.

The bodies of EVERYONE I knew.

Lying motionless all around me.

I tried to scream but nothing came out.

I tried to move but my body was frozen with fear.

I couldn't reach my brother. I couldn't hold him in my arms. I couldn't reach Dad and apologize for all I've done. I couldn't reach Travis and apologized for being mean to him in return. I couldn't reach Larry...and I couldn't thank him for everything.

The only thing I could do...was cry.

Tears fell from my face as I silently mourned the ones I loved, along with everyone else that was lost...

***

I sat up as quickly as I could and gasped for breath. I tugged on the collar of my shirt and opened my window, since I couldn't bring myself to breathe correctly. I sniffled and ran over to the mirror to find myself crying. I wiped my eyes and gripped the edge of the dresser to try and collect myself.

It was only a nightmare, Scarlett.

Get ahold of yourself.

I took a deep breath and went to the bathroom to do my morning routine, then I walked into my room and got ready for school. I pulled my dark green Sanity's Fall crop top over my head and I pulled on my black ripped jeans. I put on my black socks and slid my feet into my black combat boots. I put my prosthetic on over my face, put my phone in my back jeans pocket and grabbed my bag. I brushed my hair quickly before walking out and heading to school with Sal.

~~~

  After class I was talking to Sal, Ashley, Larry and Todd at my locker when Travis walked up to us," U-Uh...Scar-Face?" I turned and looked at him,"Oh, hey Travis! What's up?" "So-So I-Uh-I've been having some trouble in math a-and I-Well-I was just wondering if-" "If I could help you?" I asked and he nodded,"Oh yeah! Sure I can! Here." I wrote down my address and apartment number on a piece of paper and I handed it to him. "T-Thanks, I'll see you later," Travis said quickly before running off.

I turned and Todd and Ashley were stunned into silence.

"Scar-" Sal began.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!" Larry practically yelled.

"No. I'm helping," I said.

"Have you SEEN what Travis has done?!" Larry yelled.

"Yeah, he has a lot going on Larry," I explained.

"You're out of your mind," Larry stated.

I slammed my locker shut,"Shut up Johnson! Have you gotten to know Travis?! NO. No, you haven't! You don't understand! So if you would just shut your mouth for two damn seconds and think things through. God, for once! That's all I ask!" I yelled at him and stormed home without the rest of the group.

I've got a lot to think about before Travis gets here...