Two Sides of A Coin

*Sal's POV*

   I knocked on Todd's apartment door and waited for an answer...it didn't come and I was really considering walking away and coming back later or barging in. "Sally Face! Come in!" I walked in to the apartment and immediately spotted the red headed boy with glasses. "Sorry Sally Face. I was finishing up tutoring with Ash," Todd apologized and when I turned around...I saw her.

She has long brown hair and emerald eyes. She wore a black choker and a long sleeved purple shirt. "You must be Sally Face! I've heard so much about you! "I-uh, me?" I found myself short of words and breath. I didn't kneel what to say. "Yeah! All good things I promise! Anyway, I'd love to stay and chat but I have to go now! I hope to see you around, Sally Face!" Ash smiled and walked out. "I-You too!" I called after her.

"Are you ok, Sal?" Todd asked and I'm glad he couldn't see under my prosthetic because I could feel the light dusting of blush on my cheeks. "Me? Yeah. I'm cool. I'm fine. Ash seems nice. Is she a freshmen too? What is she like?" I asked. "Her full name is Ashley Campbell. She's a freshmen just like us and she's an overall nice person," Todd explained. I nodded.

She was really pretty...

But she could never like someone like me...

Stop thinking like that Sal! She isn't for you and she never will be...

"Anyway, I need your help," I said and explained to Todd my situation and soon we got to work.

~~~

*Scarlett's POV*

  "Ugh!" I yelled in frustration as I threw the puzzle box across the floor,"I can't figure out the puzzle and open this stupid thing!" "It's ok, Scarlett. At least you tried,"Larry said sadly and I looked over at him. Which was my first mistake. He had his head in his hands and he just looked so defeated. I sighed and I stood up, walking over to Larry's bed.

I sat down and hesitated for a moment. Usually when I get sad like this I don't want to be bothered. I don't cope well. The loss of a parent...especially a loved one...it has a heavy toll on people. But I knew this was the only way I could show comfort. So I reached over and I hugged him. I hugged Larry freaking Johnson.

To my surprise, he hugged back and cried softly into my shoulder. That made my heart shatter into a million pieces. Seeing my best friend sad like this really hurt. "Sh...It's ok, Larry...I'm right here. We'll figure this out. I promise," I said softly and then he sniffles and lifted his head up, letting go of me and wiping his eyes. "You promise?" I nodded and smiled slightly under my prosthetic,"Of course." Larry cleared his throat,"I'm sorry. I don't usually-" "Don't apologize. You don't need to apologize for having feelings. You're not a robot," I said and we both laughed for a bit before his walkie talkie went off.

"Hey guys! Come meet me upstairs! You can finally meet Megan now..."