Ch-4 Vanilla Fantasy Latte and French CheeseBread

After dressing up in casual clothes and tying my hair in a ponytail, Julia and I went outside to Hydense Park. It was early autumn, so I wore a thinnish red sweatshirt with the sleeves rolled up to my elbows and black jeans. Julia wore a pink shirt and a blue jacket over it, and a pair of blue gym pants. I tied Whitney to her sparkly light blue leash, and we set off.

Hydense Hillside Park is a big ground with a nature trekking path, playground, ice cream stalls, a juice and sandwich bar, a yoga center, a pet's center for grooming and training and a souvenir shop. Its really beautiful, and perfect for morning and evening walks and jogs. Whitney really loves that place, just like I do.

Its owned by Annette Trinh, a rich woman of fifty-five or something. She was my mother's best friend from childhood, and often goes to visit her sometimes, in London. She has many businesses around Asia. She's really sweet, kind and hardworking. And without a sense of arrogance, like other richies. I think the last time I met her was an year ago, at her dinner party. Whenever she comes back to Hydense, she throws big dinner parties and stuff like that. I think I've seen her more than my own parents, damn.  

After some walking around and leaving Whitney at the grooming center, we went to the juice and sandwich bar, called Susie's Snacks. Jacey, Avery, Carlie, and Cristie work there, all mainly under 18 and above 16. Carlie and Cristie Johannes are sisters. Usually, Susie Carson, the owner, doesn't hang out much. She's often busy managing the various snack bars around 12 cities. Being a businesswoman is hard work, I've totally seen that in my mom, honestly. I went to the ordering place. Jacey was there.

"Hey, Claire! What can I do for you today?"

"Hi, Jacey. I would like a grilled cheese sandwich, a chicken tortilla with a caramel macchiato and a Latte."

"Chocolate or vanilla?"

"I'd prefer vanilla."

"Coffee mood? Nice! No juices or anything else?"

" Well, yes, coffee mood indeed! No, nothing else, thanks."

"Coming right up. French CheeseBread, with a Caramel Macchiato and a Vanilla Fantasy Latte. Is that right?"

Pretty, fancy names.

"Yup."

"Ok. That'll be 88.41."

"Right."

I pulled out a hundred dollars from my purse and handed it to her. She took it and gave me some change back.

She printed a bill, handed it, printed another bill, called Cristie and gave it to her. Cristie said hi, and I smiled and waved back. I saw Carlie with her back turned, filling a blue cup with hot chocolate.

I went back to our table. Susie's was enclosed in big glass doors and coffee-brown graffitied walls. The tables were white with red and white chequered tablecloth and white chairs. Carlie came with our order. I looked at my sandwich. The sandwiches at Susie's are basically heaven. I chewed my sandwich slowly. Just. Heaven. And sipped my vanilla latte.

Vanilla Heaven.

I heard a text message boop.

Not from my phone. From Julia's phone.