Chapter 6

There she lay on her bed, fast asleep. I crept up towards the bed and kissed her forehead, trying to remind myself that he was there.

"Mom." I whispered. Her eyes fluttered open, and she looked me.

"BABY!! You're alive. Chris told me you ran off!?! What the hell where you thinking don't you remember what I told you..." she yelled but her voice trailed off when she realized He was here.

Her eyes stayed dead on him while he stood under the doorway. I turned around facing him.

"Cadence." She whispered. I turned around at her stunned. 

"You know him?" I asked her as shock dripped from my face. He moved toward me, and put his arm around me.

"Tell her the truth Camille. Why she feels so different all the time. You can't protect her. They know about her, where she lives, sleeps, and even who her friends are. Tell her so she can be safe."He said as he approached her.

She sat up. I looked at the both of them then at her.

"You have lost your mind mom.Whats wrong with you two? I asked.

"Your father and mother loved you Destin, so much that he went to war with his own kind for your life. You see a human and vampire cannot be together. It is forbidden in the vampire book of life. They tore him to pieces his own father, and brother. Your father knew the only way to protect you was to betroth you to his only trusted friend Marius's son...and that would be Cadence. Since you are betrothed if you are murdered so is Cadence and that would be a crime according to the book of life. However, still many beings have tried to kill you because of the prophecy you and Cade are supposed to live out."

I took a step back as she finished her sentence and unfortunately it was right into cade. Ugh can my life get any worse?!

"You can't be serious..."I said to her with a bit of a stutter.       

"Your father and your mother always put you first, and this was their gift to you darling, a gift of life, of a chance to survive against all odds. Don't disrespect them by laughing it off."She stated rather sternly. "

You're my mom ...why did you just say..."I kept going on, but she cut me off.

"no..I'm just your watcher. Your parents were good friends of mine. Your father was killed. & your mother was brutally murdered trying to hide and protect you.

"What! Your not my mom." I said starting to hyperventilate. I don't understand any of this. First my mom's attacked and now she's not my mom. My real mom is dead.

I have so many questions running through my head. Apparently I had to many because next thing I knew I was passed out on the floor.

"Destin." I awoke to a male voice and my head pounding. I guess I must have hit my head pretty hard when I fell. I looked around to my left stood cadence and the though of him made my heart drop. To my left stood Christopher, with a particularly weird look on his face. Why are his clothes ripped ? What is going on here?! I thought to myself. I sat up from the floor.

Chris knelt down next to me. He stroked my hair, and looked me in the eyes.

"I was worried about you there for a min destin." He drawled.

"Well no need to worry she is none of your concern." Cadence replied crisply.

I stood up slowly.

"Destin are you okay?" My mom asked from her bed. Wait slash that . She's not my mom. My moms dead. I looked up at her slowly.

"Why do you even care? You're not my mother. You are a imposter." I stated coldy and with that I turned around on my heel and left. I was running to the elevator when Cadence stopped me. "

It's not safe for you to be alone Destin." He said blocking my way.

"MOVE!" I said through gritted teeth. I pushed past him and got into the elevator. I walked quickly outside , hailed a cab and cried the;whole ride;home. I went inside to my room making sure to let the door slam shut. I locked the door. It never really dawned on me until now just how alone I was. I had been lied to my whole life .

Who is my mother?  I was truly alone. I wish I never existed..i thought to myself as I began to cry even more. I hate it . I hate everyone.

FUCK why can't anything in my life be okay?

Why can't i just have a normal life!? I wish i was dead. I walked slowly over to my dresser contemplating my thoughts of being ending it all. The pain of being lied too, the pain;of my real mom being dead but most of all the pain of confusion.

However, i just couldn't bring myself to die. I could deal though with cutting. I pulled my razor carefully hidden out from its nicely hidden compartment inside my dresser.

I sat down and pulled the razor over my pale white skin a couple times and breathed a sigh of relief as the red river of anger washed over my skin. I began to go in and out of consciousness.

Maybe i cut too deep....