Rules

You thought living in the phantom zone for 34 years was hell, that was now considered heaven for you. They treated you like shit in this prison. Every chance they could get, they would beat you blue and purple. Most of the time, you were dragged to your cell because it was physically impossible for your to even walk on your own. The only way you were even surviving this was because they always allowed you to heal at the end of the day. You were dragged to Mr. Lord's medical room, tied down and healed. This process was repeated for several weeks until they were sure you had been broken. 

It wasn't until a weeks later that you learned that they were practically training you. For what? You didn't know. The rules were particularly simple but they were completely brutes when it came to teach them to you. Each single rule had its own process and you weren't sure if that was a good thing or not. 

The first rule you ever learned was to keep quiet unless spoken to. They would hit you, every time you would speak out of turn and reward you when you only talked when they addressed you. The beatings would get worse every time as well as the rewards. Eventually, it came to just getting beaten when you would speak out of turn until you realized that you were only meant to speak when you were spoken to. 

Second rule, you came to learn was to never look at anyone in the eyes. To do this, they made you go a week in a blindfold. Dragging you around the facility and purposely bumping you into places so you could learn to walk without really looking up. By the end of the week, they had taken your blindfold off and you didn't look up, just kept quiet with your head down as they walked you around. 

Third and final rule was to always ask for permission for anything. The guards were already getting bored with you so they just try to do this as quickly as possible. They kept you without food and water for the longest time and didn't give you any until you asked for it. Most of your clothes and blanket had been taken as well as the temperature lowered so you could freeze. You didn't even last an hour before you asked for them back. This one had been a little confusing to you as the first rule meant that you couldn't talk. One of the guards had felt pity for you and had given you the hint that they only wanted you to speak when you wanted something. The rest of the week had gone without a breeze.

"How's the Kryptonian's training? Will she be ready for the auction next week?"

"She is more than ready sir. We're confident that she'll bring in enough more to fund us for years. You're more than welcome to come see her with us."

"That would be very lovely."

They led the man to the elevator where it stopped at the last floor. Several room later and they were inside the room with all the cells. The guard takes out the key and unlocks the door. Like you've been trained, you climb out of bed and stand in the middle of the room with your head down. 

"Impressive. I've never seen any other alien do this. Is this a new trick of yours?"

"Yes, Mr. Luthor. I wanted to make sure that she's not her own person. Everything she's doing is because she wants to please her owner. I know how you hate that the other kryptonians are doing whatever they want but this one will be under your complete control. She's learned so much, right (y/n)?"

"Yes, sir."

You had stopped paying attention to them as the words 'other kryptonians,' kept replaying in your head. Did that mean that Kal-El and Kara had made it out alive? There were so many questions running through your mind but you wouldn't dare ask them. The man seemed to truly hate them, you weren't going to give him another reason to hate you even more. 

Lex smiles at you and then turns to the guard. 

"Excellent. A job well done, Chris. I'll look into getting you that promotion that you've been asking for."

"Oh thank you, Mr. Luthor."

The two of them head back to the top. Chris walks Lex to the entrance.

"If you don't mind me asking, Mr. Luthor. But what will you be doing with the Kryptonian?"

"I'm giving her to my sister for her birthday. She'll be so happy to finally have someone she can test her products on. I'll be bringing her to the auction next week so you better make it all nice. I can't have her thinking that you beat them. Otherwise, she'll be against the whole thing, got it."

"Yes, Mr. Luthor."