𝓣𝓮𝓷♡

john

"Want a ciggie?" Johns slender fingers held the cigarette. Paul just shook his head. "Not the smoking type" he said. John just nodded. every movement hypnotised him. "this shit will kill you," he stated. "i know, that's why I choose not to" he took a drag and blew out the smoke, "but eventually everyone dies, so what's the point in trying to prevent it?" Paul flicked his eyes over to him. "you're smoking . that shit will kill you," he mocked. John chuckled bowing his head, "living isn't any fun if you don't take risks." he agreed, "that's a nice motto. shame i'm too much of a nervous wreck to ever follow it," Paul laughed taking a sip of his drink and wincing at the taste. "so tell me Paul-McCartney, why'd you decide to come tonight?" "music," "and George dragged me out of the house," "so you wouldn't of come to see us if it weren't for your friend?" john inquired, Paul looked at him briefly before looking down at his drink, "not that i wouldn't of liked to, it's just i'm too absorbed in not doing this. it's just not anything i've ever found appealing but George insisted saying it's early birthday celebrations. but really it's just an excuse for him to drink and get me out of my apartment," he laughed heartily. john smiled grateful of Paul's friend for bringing him. "when's your birthday?" he questioned wanting to find out how old he actually was. "June, the 18th to be exact, the big one eight," he replied sarcastically, "birthdays aren't a thing i care about, George knows that so he just uses it as an excuse to come out." "well i must buy you a drink for your birthday, what you thinking?" john wanted so badly to sit with him for a while longer and another drink ensured a bit more time spent with him. "surprise me" Paul said lifting an eyebrow. john ordered him a fruity cider, thinking maybe he'd like it if it tasted less like alcohol. he placed the drink in front of him as he observed the concoction. "what is it?" "taste it," he gestured towards the drink, "it's a surprise". He brought the drink up to his mouth and took a sip from the bottle, "it's good, i like this, doesn't taste like alcohol," Paul laughed, then winced at his statement, "oh my god i sound like such a loser" he hid his face in his hands regretting all her boring words. John laughed. he didn't think he sounded like a loser. he wanted to know everything about him. why he didn't celebrate his birthday, and why he didn't like the party scene. he thanked the lord yet again for George dragging Paul out to the show. • after a while of talking, Paul and john found themselves close in proximity trying to hear the other person over the music. even though there was barely anyone left in the club, the music from the stage still blared loudly. they spoke about mostly general things, music, work, college. George and Richard were sat talking in a booth the other side of the room, Collin deciding to leave after a while due to the undeniable flirting between George and Richard. "so tell me john, what you said about my book, why do you think so negatively about love?" the question popped out of nowhere taking john aback wondering whether to talk to Paul about this. "it's just, love it's such a big thing to people, but it's hard in real life. in those stories you read, it's made out to be all fairies and unicorns, but it's not, i just think it's a bit overrated," Paul shook his head furiously disagreeing. "everything in real life is hard. but loving one person unconditionally, giving your heart and soul to another being, and vice versa. it's magic. and don't get me wrong, i've seen my fair share of heartbreaks, never personally but all around me. i see the affects it has on people. but i also see how happy one person can be being entirely devoted to a person that will love and care for them no matter what," he sighed, "doesnt it make you curious? make you want to experience it." Paul's eyes wondered up to meet him as he watched Paul intently. "i don't think i'd be able to stand the pain. if you lose that person, after unconditionally loving them" Paul stared at him curiously, "at least you'd get the choice of who gets to hurt you in the world. and who's saying it'd end in heartbreak. wouldn't you like to give it a try?" "but i don't think you get a choice in who you fall in love with. i'm not completely shutting out the idea, i just think that you have to look at the idea with a realistic view and not be oblivious to the what ifs. if we're being truthful here, i'm absolutely terrified to give myself to someone so completely that one small thing could completely tear me down." Paul nodded carefully. Paul looked down at his second cider bottle, john stared at him just observing him. good god he's beautiful "but like you said, living isn't any fun if you don't take risks." He spoke out using Johns words against him. this made john think. Paul was right, he'd be a hypocrite not to follow his own advice. he nodded slowly thinking about what Paul said. a strand of Paul's hair fell in front of his eyes and johns hands were quick to move and push it behind his ear. Paul looked up at him both just staring into each other's eyes. a tray of glasses falling out of Lacey's arms interrupted the moment the both of them shared. leaving both wondering what would've happened if he never smashed the glasses. john quickly tore his gaze and cleared his throat laughing awkwardly at Lacey's misfortune. "i think it's time i get home. Geo's parents will be furious if i don't get him home in one piece tomorrow morning," Paul said, beginning to walk over to their friends. "Paul! come sit, join us, i was just telling Richard about that one time when you were in the bath and the spider ran across the floor and you jumped out the bath but slipped and had to have 7 stitches on the side of your head," George breathed quickly in between his laughter. "oh my god George you said you'd never tell anyone!" Paul instinctively brought his hand up to the scar above his right eyebrow. joining in with George's laughter. "don't you think we should get going now, you've got work tomorrow and your mum won't be pleased if you turn up hungover," Paul said saddened to ruin his best friends fun. George rolled his eyes, "Paul, i'm not even drinking, i've sobered up since the drinks we've had together i won't be hungover. i think i'm going to stay and chat for a while longer," Paul knew this would happen, but he was happy for George. "okay but be careful geo, you know what they're like out there," referring to the streets of liverpool, "i want him returned in one piece" Paul said shifting his attention to Richard. Richard chuckled, "don't worry, i'll have her back before one." Richard was nice. soft spoken. he had a mop of thick brown hair, and one of the biggest nosed he's ever seen. Paul trusted his words. "okay, love you geo" "love you Paulie" giving each other an awkward side hug the boys parted ways. leaving both boys smirking at the silly nicknames they gave each other with their 'i love yous" turning to john, Paul found him already staring at him, again. "well i'll be off then. it was good seeing you john, i had fun tonight, and you're band didn't disappoint like you promised," he smiled. "thank you," he chuckled, "i can walk you if you like?" he asked hopefully. wanting to savour the last moments. "that's quite alright john. i'll be fine, i don't want you going out of your way just for me," Paul shook his head not wanting to pester the poor boy. "please, it's the least i could do, you came out of your way to watch my band tonight so i'm just returning the favour," Paul rolled his eyes playfully, finally agreeing to letting John walk him.
-----------------------------------------------
New update (: let me know what you think please♡