𝓞𝓷𝓮♡

NEW CHAPTER (((:

Saturday 4th June 1959

Paul

He did this rather often. staying after hours at Liverpool's Book Shop to browse the new instalments to the art and photography collections, it became a routine for him. every saturday at 10am there would be a delivery of around 30 books in which his dad Jim expected him to sort through and organise before the day ended - which wasn't a big job at all, except he always got carried away intrigued by the different kinds of books he would come across. this led to many disputes with his dad, the last dispute being only 4 weeks ago concluding in an agreement between the pair stating that Paul could stay in the shop until after hours and browse as many of the books as he wanted as long as he worked overtime whenever Jim pleased. and that's exactly what he was doing on this night.  he sat in one of the armchairs in the far corner of the small shop surrounded by piles of different books. His favourite kind of course being the photography books but he often swayed to the fiction genre every now and again. His favourite book so far being Romeo and Juliet of course. typical right? there was something about the forbidden romance that always fascinated him- you should never stand in the way of love darling, it'll set you free - oh have I mentioned he's queer? We'll talk about that later. anyway his late mother's words rung rings around his head whenever he thought about love.  Paul was inexperienced to say the least, he was an seventeen year old boy lacking the excitement of romance in his life. but he never looked for it. He actually got a lot of female attention, but it wasn't what he wanted. He wanted the cliche love story with a man but despite his fantasies he knew things aren't like that in real life. but he held hope.  hope was a big part of his life, having his mother die affected him in that way. the only thing that kept him positive except for his brother, mike, and his father. he had only two remaining family member he had talked to and only barely a handful of friends, he tried to be content with his life. but it was lacking everything he wanted. he wanted adventure and excitement, true happiness. but for now all he had was this safe haven surrounded by his family and friends.  opening a fresh copy of Wuthering Heights he began reading the book that he'd been meaning to read for months since his best friend George recommended it. however, just as he began to really get into the story the chime of the bell at the front of the shop rung indicating a customer.  he swore inwardly scolding himself for forgetting to flip the closed sign over, standing up off the green armchair he pulled his black turtle neck down always scared to even show a little, he walked round to the front of the store as a thick Liverpudlian accent rung out a light -  "hello?"
————————————————————
Hey guys hopefully you like this chapter! Please tell me what you think so far (((((: