Bit more than a ouch

Y/n POV

I hop onto the back of the JetSki on the mat and we speed off in the direction of Hoppo. We get to him and I immediately jump of the mat and swim over to Hoppo. I get to him and can feel my self aching. He looks like he's in a lot of pain.

I caress his head and tell him it's gonna be ok. He then tells me to fix my life jacket as I hadn't put it on properly. I laugh and I look down and fix it up.

"Oh s***" is all I hear from beardy and I look back up. Hoppo's passed out!

"Oh no no no" I swim back over to him. I check his vital signs. He seems ok and I realise he's bleeding a bit from his forehead but it looks like just a small cut.

"I think he just passed out from the pain." I tell beardy

"Okay." He replies.

It's been a couple of minutes and Hoppo has started to wake up.

"That's it love, open your eyes for me!" I say to him.

Hoppo slowly starts to open his eyes and I ask him a question.

"Ok we are gonna move you onto the mat ok?" I tell him and I softly pull him over to the mat. He climbs on with some help from beardy and I, groaning as his shoulder is moved.

Once he's sitting and stable, we decide to put a shoulder brace onto his shoulder when I realise it's a bit too small.

We generally use it for little kids when they get hurt so they don't move it because sometimes they tend to forget but it sometimes is used for adults if it fits.

"Uh hop, shoulder brace doesn't fit. So what I'm gonna do is I'm going to take my lifeguard shirt and tie it around like a sling ok?" I tell him. He nods and I make quick work of tying it around his shoulder.

We get him to lie down when all of a sudden the mat wiggles around a bit, jolting his injury.

He yells out in pain and I have to fight my self from crying even more.

"Get on it Deano, let's get him back to shore"

Hoppo continues to scream and yell as the JetSki goes in and over true waves.

I don't understand this, I know dislocations are painful but I can't help but wonder...he might've broken it too.

We get to shore to be met with Harries and Kerrbox who have a spinal board and a paramedic.

We get there and they come over to help us get Hoppo into the board. I can see that they too have been crying a bit, they are Hoppo's closest friends. Brothers.

We get Hoppo onto the board, as a way to stabilise his shoulder. The paramedic cuts my shirt off so to not injure him any further.

I'll have to get another one then.

I kiss Hoppo's forehead before a swarm of paramedics pick him up and carry him to the ambulance. I jump in the back with them

" hey y/n, we've got boys coming down to cover for you guys and Harries and I will be at the hospital shortly" Kerrbox tells me giving me a hug and a kiss on the head. We've all become family so when one of us gets hurt, we all hurt.

In a couple of minutes we arrive at the hospital and they take Hoppo into the emergency rooms

After a few minutes of trying to relocate his shoulder the doctor decides to do surgery in order to put it back, as well as to see if it's broken.

Unfortunately I can't go in and I'm left in the waiting room with no one with me.

I sit down and I realise I'm left only in my lifeguard shorts and sports bra like bikini top. I'm also covered in sand.

A nurse brings me a towel as I am also still wet from the water.

A couple of minutes later the doors to the waiting room burst open and in come Harries, Kerrbox, Azza and Nicola.

I get up and walk over to them. They immediately engulf me in a hug and I break down crying.

Nicola hands me a shirt and tells me that her and Azza came down from bronte beach as soon as they could when they heard the news.

About half an hour later a doctor comes out and tells us the news.

"Well I'm gonna be honest, it's not too pretty. He suffered a dislocated shoulder, as well as 4 cracked ribs and a sprained shoulder." She tells us.

"That's why he was in so much pain." I say.

"Can we see him?" Nicola asks.

"Yes, but only for a short while, Miss Y/n I understand you are Mr Hopkins emergency contact so you are welcome to stay longer."

I sit in shock, not knowing I was his emergency contact.

The others stand up and I quietly follow suit as we are lead to Hoppo's room, we walk in and I notice he is asleep. We sit down and talk for a while yet however I don't say a word.

About half an hour later the others leave. I decide to stay the night so I make myself comfortable on the chair and I eventually fall asleep holding his hand.