Another Accident

It's been a few weeks since me and Hoppo started dating and we are working a shift together at Bondi. I make my way over to the roster and I notice I'm on tower duty all of today.

Lovely.

"Hey Nala, I'm on the beach for today. So I'll see you at lunch?" Hoppo asks me

"Yup" I reply walking over to him. He engulfs me in a hug and kisses me.

"Get a room guys!" Kerrbox jokes.

We break apart and I reply "ah stop being jealous boxy"

I give Hoppo a peck and he makes his way to the north corner with beardy. He's gonna have a handful with the black cloud.

I make my way up to the top area of the tower where all the boys are sitting. Reidy has an eye out on the water and Deano is talking to H.

I turn spin around on the spot when I hear the all familiar sound of a child in pain. I look the stairs and see a mother with her young daughter.

Hi, I don't know what happened but she said she got stung by something!" The mother says to me, the panic clearly evident in her voice.

I walk down the stairs and kneel down in front of the girl. Her eyes are red and she has tears all over her face.

"Hey sweetheart, where's the ouchie?" I ask her.

"M m my foot!" She says, bursting out crying.

I look up at the mum,

"Bring her over to the bed and put her on."

She picks the little girl up and I get the spray and ice. I think it's a blue bottle sting. While I'm doing this I let Deano know.

" whats your name darlin?" I ask the little girl

"Chwoee" she says

It takes a couple of seconds and I realise she said Chloe!

"Well Chloe, I've put some spray on and now you get your own little bag of ice!"

I tell the mum to just get her in a fresh water shower and it should go away fairly quickly.

I walk over to Deano and he tells me to go put the warning signs up for the blueys.

I head down with H and we go to put them all in.

Hoppo POV

It's been a pretty busy day considering I'm on duty with the black cloud.  Deano just radioed me asking if we could put the signs for the blue bottles up. Obviously I said yes.

I notice y/n and H have just finished putting all the signs up and are heading back to the tower when I head in for a rescue.

I get the guy on the board with and I am just about to pull him further back when a wave hits us. I grab onto the board in order to hold onto it but I'm stuck in the impact zone.

The guy has managed to get into shore, however I am still stuck in the impact zone. I continue to hold onto the board and as I manage to get on a wave hits me and I am slammed against the board.

A sharp pain shoots into my right shoulder. I get my board back and lie half on it half still in the water. I slump down hoping beardy has seen what has happened.

I lie for what feels like ages with agonising pain. In what I'm sure was only a few minutes I can hear someone paddling to me.

I hear my name a couple of times and recognise Beardy's voice.

"Hey hop, you're gonna be ok. What's happened?"

I tell him that I think I've dislocated my shoulder. He then mentions that I'm bleeding on my forehead as well.

"It's ok. It was just a small knock. " I reassure him.

"Ok...we've got the JetSki coming over to you boss. Deano's driving it here. Y/n is on the back waiting for you. With a shoulder brace "

I sigh when he tells me about the shoulder brace knowing it's going to be a pain to put on.

I hear the JetSki come up to us. I look over and see y/n sitting on the mat at the back. She has her lifeguard shirt still on and her life jacket isn't put on properly. She must've been in a rush.

She dives off and swims over to me. By now Beardy is holding me up in the water. My board's been taken back to shore by a surfer that passed by us.

She surfaces next to my head and put her hand on my head.

"Hey it's ok. We've got you" she says giving me a kiss on the head.

I turn into her and I notice her red eyes, she's been crying.

Your life jacket, do it properly" I tell her.

"Huh? Let's just focus on you aye?" She says to me.

I give her a look and she does it up properly.

As she's doing this I can feel myself passing out from the pain and before I can say anything I'm engulfed in darkness.

Y/n POV

I am walking up the stairs of the tower after H and I finished putting the signs up. As I walk in Deano tells me Hoppo is doing a rescue. I look down and in horror I see Hoppo being slammed repeatedly by waves. I grab deanos hand and he reassures me.

"Hoppo's done this before I'm sure he'll be fi-" he's cut off by the scene of Hoppo being slammed against his board.

I can instantly tell he's hurt and I click into action.

"H and Kerrbox, get the JetSki out. Deano you're driving and I'm on the mat." I instruct.

H and box go down and start to take the JetSki down to the waters edge.

Harries looks at me and is about to say something and I already know what it is.

"Before you say it! No, don't try and stop me from going with! That's my boyfriend out there!" I tell him and he nods, handing me my life jacket I throw it on and I realise I've been crying this whole time

I don't want to lose him.

A/N sorry I haven't posted in a while guys, I've been really busy lately. Thank you @2023sking for this request!