Meeting the boys in blue.

Hoppo POV

As I walk into my bedroom after saying goodnight to y/n I hear her yell back

"Night Hops!"

Huh... Hops. I like that nickname. I get ready for bed and I quickly fall asleep.

1:00am

I wake with a sudden startle as I hear this petrifying scream. I run out of bed in just my shorts and run to y/n's room. I open the door to see her crying and distraught.

I rush over to her and I pull her into my arms

"What's wrong?" I ask softly.

"N..ni...nightmare" she stutters out.

I sigh as I hug her. Once she's calmed down and hear breathing even outs as she falls asleep, I slowly put her down and make my way out the door...

"Hops?" I hear from behind me.

I spin around "yeah?"

"Stay... please."

" of course."

I walk back over and slide under the covers. However I stay rigid next to y/n when she says...

"Loosen up"

I sigh as I relax into the bed when y/n comes over and lies her head onto my chest...I put my arm around her and pull her in. I kiss the top of her head and I close my eyes.

Y/N POV

Hoppo pulls me in and we both slowly start to fall asleep. Soon I'm in a deep sleep. Safe and nightmareless in hoppo's arms.

It's morning now. Some sunshine is making it's way into the room through a crack of the curtains. The light is streaming onto the bed and some is on hoppo's face.

I look up at him and examine his face... he has a small stubble forming but otherwise he looks so perfect. I snuggle back into him feeling comfortable when I notice he's starting to wake up. When he wakes up he looks down at me with a sleep look in his eyes

"Morning" Hoppo says

"Morning!" I reply

He looks at me and rolls over on to his side.

"What's the time?"

"Uh just after 7... what time do we have to be at work?"

"We gotta leave here around 8:30"

"Ok! I'm gonna make breakfast!" I say jumping out of bed and I make my way to the kitchen.

In the kitchen I manage to find some bacon and some eggs. I put the bacon in the pan while I mix the eggs as I'm making scramble eggs. While doing all of this I start singing Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi.

Once the bacon is finished I take it off the pan and put it into some plates for us and as I turn around I see Hoppo standing in his bedroom doorway in his lifeguard blues. When did he get ready?? Must've been when I was making breakfast.

"You have a beautiful voice" Hoppo says to me.

"Nah it's average." I say turning around. My cheeks going bright red.

"No I'm serious. You sound amazing!"

"Ok ok! Now come on sit down so we can eat! I'm starving!" I say, taking the plates and putting it on the dining table. We sit down and we eat in silence

"Huh you're a good cook too!" Hoppo says with a mouth full of food.

" Thanks" I say while chuckling.

I finish my food and I go to the kitchen to start washing the dishes but then Hoppo comes to me.

"No...let me do the dishes, you go get ready!"

"Ok thank you!

I make my way to my bedroom and I grab my bikini... I haven't gotten my lifeguard clothes and bikini yet so I'll just wear my bikini and a shorts and shirt. I hop in the shower and wash my hair. After I get out I decide not to do any make up as it will most likely just come off in the water. I put my hair up into a high ponytail and I get dressed. I put on some thongs which Hoppo insisted I get and make my way into the kitchen.

"Ok I'm ready!"

"Good...lets go!" Hoppo says as we make our way to the door...grabbing our backpacks with all our stuff in it.

Hoppo locks the door and we make our way to the beach. In about 10 minutes we rock up to the tower and we go in. Nerves are doing circles in my stomach.

"Right Boys...this is our new lifeguard Y/n." Hoppo introduced me to the boys in blue.

"Hey Y/n" they all reply in unison.

"Right introductions. Y/n this is Reidy, Maxi, Chappo, beardy and Azza."

"Hi" I shyly say.

"Now on patrol right now is Jesse, Whippet, and Deano. You're on patrol with Deano in North Corner."

"Ok..."

"But first let's get you your gear. Here's your bumbag. Has your name on it too." Hoppo hands me this dark navy blue bag with my name written on it.

"Now here is your lifeguard shirt and your shorts. Now you can wear the lifeguard shorts over your lifeguard bikini bottoms if you wish or you can just wear the bikini bottoms." Hoppo says while tossing lots of stuff in my arms.

" hey hop? I still need the bikini..." I say shyly.

"Oh yes... what size are you?"

"Ah how bout I try on this pair and I'll let you know?" I say...not really wanting everyone to know my size...

"Ok sure... you can go round the corner to the medical bed and change there. I'll keep watch for you."

"Ok thanks" I reply. I make my way round the corner and get dressed... everything fits perfectly accept the bikini top...

"Hey Hoppo..."

"Yah?"

"I uh need the bigger size please for the bikini top..."

With wide eyes Hoppo walks around and hands me the other size.

"Thanks" I mutter. After getting into that I walk back around and go over to Hoppo.

"Done!"

He turns around and says I look good. He then hands me a walker talkie and a cap.

"I suggest you put your name on the cap." He explains.

We then walk over to his office at the Bondi pavilion.

"You can leave your bag in here for now...I still need to get your locker sorted out."

"That's all good, thank you." I reply. I plop my bag down in the corner of the room and grab my sunglasses out.

"Ok well I'll head down to the North corner now!" I tell him.

"Ok cool then. Good luck!"

"Thanks"

I make my way down ready for a big day.