Birthday shopping!

Hoppo's POV.

It's been two days since the fight at the bar...my eye is almost healed up and my lip is fine.

Y/n is out surfing with Nicola and I'm heading out to get y/n her birthday present! She hasn't told me her birthday was coming up but I had seen it on some paperwork I was filing yesterday and realised that it was tomorrow!

I've already told all the boys so they have a surprise in the tower for her tomorrow when we go to work.

I drive down to the surf shop nearby... my idea was to get a new surfboard for y/n as she had been using an old one of mine that I don't use anymore... as well as some new sunglasses as she had gone in for a rescue the other day and forgot them on so they fell into the water.

I walk in and head straight for the boards. I see one that y/n has been admiring for weeks now. It's white with blue swirls along it and orange swirls. I decide to get it personalised with her name on it and a message from me.

I also pick out some new glasses for her. Black lenses with wooden (a/n I have no clue what they are called... the things that hook around your ear?). I pay for them and make my way to the car.

Getting to the house I run over to the shed in back yard and hide the board in there. I put the glasses in my bedroom draw.

As I walk back out into the kitchen I see y/n walking in with her board.

She seems rather upset. I go over to her.

"What's wrong?" I ask

"Some idiot hit my board and now look at the hole in it!" She exclaims.

There's a pretty decent chunk missing out of the middle of the board. I hug her and apologise.

"Sorry about that. How bout we go and get some ice cream?" I ask... knowing ice cream always cheers her up.

She nods with a smile on her face. She goes and puts the board outside on the surfboard rack I had recently bought. 

An idea popped in my head. I know exactly how to give her the board tomorrow.

We grab our phones and we walk down to bondi. Once we get there we order our favourite ice creams. Mine is chocolate fudge and y/n is f/f.

We sit for about half an hour or so eating and talking with one another. After a while we finish up and I go over and pay.

Y/n POV

Hoppo's taken me out for ice cream after my board got broken. He knows pretty well how to cheer me up now I guess. We walk out and I propose we watch a movie once we get home.

We walk into the house and plop down onto the couch.

I scroll the channels trying to find something to watch when I see Bondi rescue is on! I insist on watching much to Hoppo's delight.

"Hey hop? When does the new season start filming?"

"Um in a week..." he replies quietly.

"What!? You never told me!" I say

"I know I'm sorry... it kinda slipped my mind."

"It's ok. I'm just nervous then"

" you'll be fine. You're amazing at the job!" Hoppo reassures me.

After a while of watching... Hoppo's phone rings and he gets up to answer it telling me it was his mum.

I decide to go out side to have a look at the stars. I don't know why but I find them fascinating. I lie down on the grass and just stare up at the night sky.

A couple of minutes later I hear Hoppo coming outside and lying down next to me.

"What ya doin?" He asks me

"Just looking at the stars" I reply.

A couple seconds later he says something

"Hey uh we are going for dinner at my parents the day after tomorrow..."

"What?!" I say panicking

"Well they asked me to come and told me you should come too."

"They know about me?" I ask

"Well obviously." He says to me.

"Well ok mr cheeky!" I say.

"What did you call me?" He replies back laughing

" you heard me" I say starting to laugh.

He starts tickling me and I roll over as he rolls on top of me.

"Stop stop I can't breathe!" I gasp out.

He stops but hasn't gotten off me yet.

"Well this is a sight..." I hear someone say.

Hoppo jumps off of me and dusts himself off. He explains we were just messing around and that nothing happened.

I walk up and ask

"Sorry but who are you??" Not knowing who they are

"Oh I'm one of Azza's friends she replies.

Hoppo runs round to the back and grabs a leg rope from the shed. He runs back.

"Here it is. The leg rope I borrowed." He says giving it to the lady.

"Thanks" She turns around and gives me the evils and I just stand there in shock.

"Well that was awkward...