one

Summer:

Summer:

I sit snuggled up on my couch with my best friend Brittany while we watch another episode of Fairy Tail. We both are staring at the screen in horror as the Dragon Slayers fought against the Dragons.

"Please don't die Gray, Please don't die Gray." Brittany was muttering over and over. I laughed as I took another sip of my wine.

"I swear Summer, If this anime does some crazy shit and kills off my favorite character... I'm done with all anime." She pouts as she continues watching the screen carefully. Her light gray eyes laser focused on this epic battle.

"No way! They wont get rid of him! I'm rooting for Gajeel. Obvi." I pull down my blanket, showing off my t-shirt with a giant picture of Gajeel's face on it.

We both sit in a stressful silence waiting to see how the episode ends. Brittany had her head on my shoulder, we were holding hands, fingers interlaced. I loved this woman. She was truly my best friend in every way. She's been there for me through all the ups and downs of life. Besides the occasional tipsy make out session we're just very cuddly people. She's the only girl I've ever done anything with and that's fine. I prefer the male variety.

The show ended in true anime fashion, another cliffhanger. I look up at the clock 10:30 pm. Not too late, but I'm pretty sure, Brittany wants to binge on anime tonight.

"Brit, want to see what happens next?" She sits up, crossing her arms over her chest. Her long blond hair falling down her back.

"No way. This battle is way too stressful!" I laughed so hard I snorted. As I continued to laugh my ass off, Brittany's phone rang.

"Oh! It's Sean! BRB!" She ran off to the kitchen and I could hear her voice sweetly talking to her boyfriend. They've been together for nearly 2 years. Sean has been nothing but the most amazing partner around. She's his princess and you can see it in everything he does. I can only hope I find a partner on his level.

I sigh as I get up and lazily walk down the hall to my room. I lived with my brother who was rarely home. His job kept him traveling most of the time. My brother took the upstairs with two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a loft space. I have the downstairs, with the master bedroom. I truly feel I got the better end of the deal. My room is huge, with a large walk in closet, and a large Jacuzzi tub complete with separate shower. I had large shelves covering one side of the room filled with books, board games, magazines, and comics. I have a king bed that is my pride and joy. The only thing left over from my previous relationship. It's one of the few tings my ex let me have without a fuss.

"Summer! Where did you go?! " I hear her running down the hall to my room. Her kitty slippers barely making a sound against the hard wood floors. I hide behind the door, covering my mouth with my hand to stifle the giggle trying to escape my lips.

"Whats up?!" I yelled back, jumping behind her, and we both laugh as Brittany jumped when I scared her. We take a moment to regain our composer. I walk towards my bed, landing face first.