forty nine

A/N: Hello everyone! Sorry for the late update! I was on holiday with my family for a week and I wanted to focus on being on my phone less and being with them more so I didn't get much writing done. I'm back from holiday now but I have the beginning stages of a cold so I'm getting this done now before my brains turn to MUSH. Anyway; happy birthday to our lord and saviour Harry Edward Styles. I love and treasure you with all my heart and soul as I'm sure many of you probably do as well.

Quick side note: I posted a few weeks ago that I may consider writing a sequel to this story as the end is coming. I was wanting to see if any of you would be interested in reading it and if you had any hopes/predictions that you thought that a sequel would include! Let me know!

Looking forward to writing a Harry chapter next! Hope you all enjoy this part! Love y'all xxx

"You know it's not too late to call off this whole weekend" Harry states for the fifth time as we haphazardly pack our bags. We are supposed to leave for his mum's in half an hour and so far I can't keep my head straight about what to pack.

"No way, we are going. It won't be as bad as you think" I reply with a smile, getting back to my previous task of deciding which sweater I should pack in my small suitcase.

"We can just say that you got food poisoning and we can spend the whole weekend here...alone...in our apartment" Harry says slowly, placing his hands on my hips and dipping his head down to kiss my neck. I sink into him for a moment, stopping my hands for a moment as they fold up a second pair of jeans.

"It will be fun, what are you so worried about anyway? Your family is lovely, they've met me and they like me" I trail off. "Wait they like me don't they?" I ask quickly. I can feel him chuckle against the skin of my neck.

"Yes of course they like you, they won't fucking shut up about you. Man, you worry a lot" he gives my hips a soft squeeze as he reassures me.

"Then why are you so apprehensive?" I ask him again. I know he isn't huge on spending time with him family; but honestly if I had a family like his I would want to be with them all the time. Deep down I know it probably has to do with some of his other family members, maybe some of them aren't very nice?

"It's not that I'm apprehensive. It's just that, they like to get way too involved in my life" He explains slowly as he walks over to the other side of the bed, packing his toiletries into his carrier bag. I shrug my shoulders.

"Well that's what families do right? You're all involved in each other's lives anyway. Plus haven't they always been like that?" He shakes his head.

"No not really. For a while I lived quite independently from them, or as much as I could. Of course I kept in touch with my mum and my sister but the rest of them, I could do without them" He explains as he walks back over to the closet, taking a couple of shirts off of hangers and walking back towards his bag. He stops beside his bag as he packs the items before lifting his head up to look at me. A tiny smile spreads across his face. "I must sound like kind of an asshole when I say shit like that right?"

I shake my head and return the smile. "No, I understand. Everyone's family is different, you don't have to tiptoe around me just because our circumstances are different" I reply in attempt to assuage his possible guilt.

Going to family events like this is a big deal for me, mainly because these events have been quite absent in my life. The last time I had a proper family Christmas was when I was a little kid, maybe four just before my grandma died. After that it was just my parents and I and we never did anything big or special. Growing up and even now, I would do anything to have a big family around me. It just wasn't meant to be.