twenty two

"So what movie are they playing?" I ask Harry as we climb up the final set of stairs to the roof. You would think that they would have put in an elevator to make it easier to get to this thing, but I guess that's not high on these peoples agenda.

"It's called 'Love Really' I think, apparently it's got some pretty famous actors in it. Might be alright" Harry shrugs his shoulders and waits for me as he finishes the stairs before me. I pause on the third stair from the top and grin at him, raising my eyebrows. "What?" He asks.

"Love Actually?" I ask him, correcting his previous assumption as I try not to give away just how out of breath I am. It was only five or six flights, I shouldn't be this out of breath. Next time I sign up for a gym I shall utilise the stair master. He smiles and nods his head, clicking his fingers together.

"Yes that's it. Hey I was pretty close with that guess" I nod and smile as I finish the stairs and walk with him through a set of doors into an outdoor area. A woman stands at a makeshift looks up to greet us.

"You guys here for the movie?" She asks with a vague American accent, I nod and smile as Harry produces two tickets from his pocket and hands them to her. She picks up what looks like a remote control and scans them before picking up two wrist bands.

"These are for your seats and your box of popcorn" she explains as I hold out my wrist to her. After she attaches mine Harry reluctantly gives her his wrist before we head down a small seat of stairs towards an expansive open air area. There are food stalls across the back of the deck with a large area of tables and bean bag chairs in front of a stage. There are a group of young boys setting up musical equipment in the makeshift band stand as people queue up for one of the two bars beside them.

"Who the fuck uses paper wristbands anymore" Harry grumbles beside me as we follow the arrows to the right and walk down a pathway.

"Oh you'll be fine" I grin as I tease him.

"I feel like a child at a music festival" he complains further, but he can't hide the slight amusement in his voice. It's because of that that I don't stifle my giggle as we round the corner. Against the London skyline is a large cinema screen standing up in front of a series of reclining deck chairs sitting on fake grass. A young woman and a man greet us as we approach a makeshift hut with a popcorn machine and a selection of candy bars. The young girl scans our wrists as fills up two medium boxes of popcorn while the man hands us each a blanket and a set of headphones.

"You guys are in the VIP section, they are the double recliners at the back" the young woman confirms with us as we leave the stand in search for our seats.

"What's so funny?" Harry asks as we choose one of the recliner couches and sit down on it.

"Of course you got us VIP seating" I comment with a soft grin, the thought is just very amusing to me. If there's a possibility to upgrade Harry is going to do it, no matter what kind of occasion. The alternative seating were individual recliners sat just two steps lower than us closer to the screen, so the difference isn't so massive.

"Well of course, why would I mingle with the commoners? I am a very important person after all" Harry smirks, leaning into the joke. I roll my eyes grinning and take the blanket out of its plastic and draped it over my knees.

"I'm going to get a drink, what would you like?" Harry asks, standing up from his seated position. Maybe I should act like an actual grown up and order something with alcohol? Or I could ask him for something that I know I will actually enjoy.

"Just a lemonade, thanks" I smile as he nods his head and walks back down the steps and heads off in the direction of the bar. The sun has almost completely set now, several strings of twinkling lights hang above the seats as more people begin to arrive and set themselves up. I don't feel out of place here, for possibly one of the first times with Harry I feel truly comfortable out in public with him.