thirty six

A/N: hey guys! Just wanted to quickly say thank you so much for 50,000 reads! That's so amazing to me, thank you for all the support and love you give the story. I love hearing all of your thoughts and theories and opinions so keep me coming! Love you all so much, enjoy!! Xxxx

John drops me off at the University ten minutes before my lecture starts, leaving me with plenty of time to get myself a coffee and get a good seat at the back for Heather and I. Once Harry came back to bed last night I slept like a baby, but he left quite early in the morning to go to a meeting and it was hard to sleep after that, so my mind is groggy.

I pick up a coffee for Heather while I'm at the cafe and quickly make my way over to the lecture theatre. I'm among one of the first to arrive so I grab a seat at the corner back row, with my bag sitting on the seat next to me saved for Heather.

"Hello you" I hear her say as her bright smile appears around the corner a few moments later. I grin up at her as she settles into her seat beside me as I put the bag back on the floor.

"Good morning to you too" I say cheerfully. She shakes her head.

"No honey I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to that lovely hickey on your neck" she gives me a cheeky smile that turns into quiet laughter as I hastily bring my hair around to one side in an attempt to cover it. I didn't know that he had given me a hickey, I hadn't seen it this morning when I was getting ready.

"So you obviously went and saw him, how did that go?" She asks through her small giggles, taking a satisfied sip of the coffee I brought for her as she leans back into her seat. I shake my head.

"It went well" I begin

"Clearly" she replies, gesturing to my neck with the cup in her hand. I roll my eyes but smile anyway. I doubt I will ever hear the end of her reminding me of the time I showed up to class brandishing a hickey on my neck. "What conclusion did you guys come to?" She asks.

"You're such a therapist" I mutter with a grin.

"Yes I am, and one day I'll start charging you and then you'll really need your sugar daddy to help you. Now give me details!" Her voice is excited but low enough so only the two of us can hear.

"Well, he's not going to take his frustrations out on me and I'm not going to blow things out of proportion" I shrug. She nods her head with a soft smile.

"Those sound good, sounds like it was a mutually beneficial solution. Did he tell you why he got so mad about that guy talking to you?" She asks. I never did end up asking him, and I honestly don't think that I will. That's his business, and I don't want to stick my nose in places it doesn't belong, I don't want to lose him.

"No" I shake my head. "But I told him about my mum" I quietly admit. Her eyes grow slightly wider as her smile beams at me.

"Oh you did! Honey that's really good, how did it go?" She quietly congratulates me. She's one of the very few people that know about the situation with my mum. I nod my head as I turn the pages of the textbook to match the one on the projector screen.

"It went really well, he was sweet about it, very comforting. I didn't even know that I needed to be comforted"

"But he knew" she responds with a wide grin. "Ugh your relationship is a drug and I'm so fucking high on it" Part of my coffee nearly comes out of my nose as I laugh at her words. She has a lot of great advice, but even more weird and wacky remarks, I adore her so much.

"We're still on for this afternoon right?" She asks quietly as the professor begins to ask the class to settle down. I nod my head, after class I promised Heather I would go with her to get her teeth whitened, she's never done it before and is terrified of everything to do with the dentist. She needs someone to hold her hand and I agreed. She's about to say something else but the professor down the front gives her a look and so she shuts her mouth for the rest of the lecture.