thirty three

"You sure you don't want to stay at mine babe?" Harry asks tentatively as we take the exit off the highway that will take us the closest to my apartment. I'm not sure obviously because I do want to stay with him, but not when he's like this. He may be talking softly now, but there isn't a lot of sincerity in his words, I can feel it. I shake my head.

"No, I have all of my school books there and I have an early class tomorrow" I reply curtly, keeping my gaze focused ahead on the traffic ahead. It's been an awkwardly quiet car ride, apart from the bickering earlier.

"Can I stay the night at yours then?" He asks with a heavy sigh. He hates my apartment, he's always trying to move me out of it.

"No" I say without explanation. I can see him press his lips together and nod his head smirking slightly out of the corner of my eye.

"So it's me then, you don't want to spend the night with me" He says accusingly.

"Didn't I make that obvious? You're being a jerk why would I want you to stay the night?" I bite back.

"But I apologised..." he replies quickly but I cut him off before he can continue.

"You only said sorry after I said I wouldn't stay the night with you. That makes it pretty clear about where your priorities are" I huff in response, folding my arms over my chest. He scoffs beside me, taking a sharp left turn.

"Oh so you think all I want to do is fuck you?" I flinch at his harsh words.

"Right now I do, you didn't think it was important to apologise to me at any other point during our conversation"

"I didn't think it was that big of a deal!"

"You called me an idiot!" He falls silent at my words, leaving us to sit in the silence created by my loud tone. That's what hurts the most; I get that some people have family shit that they don't feel comfortable talking about, but it hurt when he was so mean to me about the whole situation. He lets out a sigh and takes a left turn into the parking lot to my apartment building.

"Bub I'm sorry, I don't think you're an idiot, I was just frustrated. I didn't mean it" the car pulls to a stop and Harry pushes the button to turn off the car.

"Well you should have said sorry when I told you that you hurt my feelings, not after I turned you down for a fuck" I bite back at him, removing my seatbelt and attempting to open the door, it won't budge. "Harry open the door"

"But we aren't done talking" he replies casually, as though locking his girlfriend in the car is a good idea.

"I'm done talking, and I'm done listening to you so let me out of this fucking car" I tell him harshly. He shakes his head before running a hand through his hair, the other hand pressing a button to unlock the doors. I immediately climb out of the car, grabbing my bags quickly and making my way up to the apartment door. I don't look back as I climb the stairs, unlock my door, shut off my alarm and lock myself in for the night.

"Bonjour my lovely friend, tell me all about your amazing weekend!" Heather's chipper voice sings as she slides into the seat next to me the next morning. She takes a look at my face and hers immediately drops. "What did the fucker do?" She asks, her voice deadpanned.

"I'll tell you after class" I mumble to her, opening up my laptop once the professor takes his position at the podium.

"So have you talked to him since last night?" Heather asks as we slowly make our way back down the hallway towards the exit, having slowly packed up our things while I tell her the story of my weekend.

I shake my head. "He texted me saying goodnight, but I didn't reply. Am I overreacting?" I ask her hopelessly, clutching one of my textbooks to my chest. She tilts her head to the side and side steps closer to me to avoid bumping into someone.