Day 4: Just wait.......

Quick A/N:

Tord's father is dead, he was given a death penalty. Also, Tord was the one who decided on his father's punishment. Now, onto the story:

By the way, I am so lost in this story that I don't even know what to do anymore..... Yea

--------------------------------------------

Tord woke up on the couch. 'One more day.' He looked around before grabbing a cup and filling it with water.
'Till I finally die. Die and leave this horrible, cruel, sad reality.'
After Tord made breakfast for Tom, he decided to go for a walk since the weather looked peaceful. Hoping that last time won't happen again, he headed out for the cliff again. 

~2 hours later~ (7:46 A.M.)

Once Tom woke up, he immediately got a bad feeling of what was going to happen. After getting dressed and heading out of his room, he noticed almost immediately that Tord was not in his apartment. For extra precaution, Tom checked the whole apartment. After a while, he concluded that Tord was, indeed, missing. While looking around, he discovered a note on the couch that Tord had slept on last night. The note stated Tord had gone out for a walk and that there is breakfast on the table.

After eating, Tom thought of the place where he could find Tord. After a while of thinking, his train of thought stumbled upon the cliff, in which he found him last time. Tom then set out for the cliff.

After he found the place, he saw a scene being carried out in silence. There were two men, one tall the other only a foot and a half shorter than the first, that stood a few feet away from a figure that stood on the edge of the cliff. The men were wearing uniforms for soldiers though it did not look like soldiers from the army, they could still pass for a soldier or a bodyguard of some sort.

The figure standing on the edge of the cliff was Tord. Tord was admiring the valley below him, as well as the remaining of the houses that remained from that very day. He smiled, in the sadness of remembering that day was also the day he broke his only friends' trust.
"Tord..... How have you been?"
The shorter male with bushy eyebrows said with a rough yet gentle voice as if he could break Tord with just the right harsh tone.

"I'm doing just fine."
"Where have you been staying?"
The taller male with honey-brown hair said with a soft voice, yet if you listened closely, you could hear the worriedness of the male, the tone so gentle and barely heard that you could mistake his voice for a mother's.
".... I thought you wouldn't be spying on me anymore......"
"We weren't! We promise!"
"......"

It took a moment for Tord to respond to the two males
"Why?... Why should I tell you? You aren't even my parents anyways. Not anymore at least."
A gasp and a sigh could be heard from the two men as they seemed taken aback by this.

"..... Son,.... are you still upset about that day?"
"What do you think? Paul?"

Tom was shocked by this as he remembered Tord's life story. 'Those are the men that took care of Tord!' The taller male seemed to be very hurt by this while the other, who was supposedly Paul, was comforting him.
"Don't call me your son because I'm not."
"Tord, please! We promise you! We've changed since then!"
The taller male seemed desperate t convince Tord that they weren't like how they were all those years ago.
"Patryk..... Please..."

Tord seemed to cut himself off as if saying the wrong words would make Patryk cry harder. As Tord turned around to walk to them, he smiled lovingly, like a son who came home from a long journey and is finally reunited with his family.

"Paul..... Patryk...... I think I can trust you with another chance."
The two men burst into tears once they heard this sentence like they've been waiting their whole life to hear this, which is probably the case. They all went in for a group hug and once they let go,
"You guys should head back, they probably need you right now."

After they left, Tord sighed,
"You can come out now, Tom."
"How did you know I was here?"
Tom said, astounded,
"Because you would go looking for me if I wasn't back after a few hours and you would have woken up by this time."

Tord said as he walked back to the edge once more
"True."
Tom walked towards Tord and looked at the view.
"Wait......  Is this..... ?"
"Yeah, it is."
"But... Why would you still go back here?"
"I don't really know myself, honestly. It's just... Something about this place makes me feel..... alright... I mean- sure, it still haunts me but like,..... I feel alright with that."

After a few relaxing moments, Tord finally spoke up
"Let's go home?"
"Sure."

On their way to the apartments, Tom was thinking about what happened back at the cliff.
"Hey, Tord?"
"Yeah?"
"Just clarifying, those are your... parents?"
"Yeah, they're the new leaders of the army"
"They don't look like they're from the-"
"I meant my own father's army. They aren't part of the actual army of the country."
"Oh"
"I'm not part of it anymore. I quit. In fact, I wanted to quit the day I found out my parents' true intentions"
"But you forgive them, right?"
"Weren't you there?"
"I mean yeah-"
"Then you know the answer. I don't feel the need to repeat myself to you."
"....." "You don't mean it don't you."
"......"
'Is he really that stubborn? Ok then.'
"I do."

Tord spat at Tom. Tom, on the other hand, didn't expect this behavior from Tord. Tom felt a nerve being pulled because of that so he said:
"Well I was just making sure!"
"What is it to you? You don't need to mind my business!"
"Well, what if I want to!?"

As they were only a few feet away from the apartment complex, their arguing became more harsh and brutal, though they were only arguing in terms of words, Tord was being pulled apart inside. Tom didn't notice but Tord was starting to lower his voice and back down as his arguments were coming closer to the topic of Tord's past and family. Tom didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. He had said something he can never take back.

"I BET BOTH OF YOUR PARENTS WISHED YOU WERE DEAD!"

By then, Tord had already stopped talking back and was just taking the insults from Tom.

"AND I WISH YOU WERE DEAD TOO!"

That did it. Tord was now running. Running where? Anywhere. As long as it was away from Tom and the others, he would be fine with it. He wasn't going to the cliff, Tom already knows he goes there. Although he is going to go there when it is time. Sunset tomorrow, when the stars appear at the night. He'll leave. For good.
'That's what Tom wants, isn't it?'
It is, and nothing can change his mind. Not even Tom. Because he promised not only to the world but to himself too.

Tom quickly realized what he had just done, but for some weird reason, he didn't follow Tord. Something stopped him from doing so. It was Edd.

"Leave him alone."
"But-"
"You'll only make it worse. he's supposed to leave tomorrow anyway."
"..... Don't you even care about him!?!"
"I do! It's- it's just that...."
"What? It's because of what!?!"
"That's Tord's favor from me and Matt."
"Wh-  what?"
Tom's face and his voice were filled with shock and uncertainty.
"B- but, why?"
"I don't know. He left us a note saying that we, all of us, should forget about him and move on. If ever we do meet up with him, we'll all have a chat."
"Oh yeah."

They went up to their apartments and bid each other goodnight. Though Tom understood Tord's agreement, he felt an uneasy feeling at the bottom of his stomach. Like something bad was going to happen. He thought about how Tord has acted in the past very few days.
'He did act really weird and different each day... Though, it's probably nothing..... Right?' 

~Meanwhile~

Somewhere of the forest, in a cave. Tord was lying down on a mat made out of leaves he had gathered. Mind empty, Tord's eyes were glossed over by the feeling of dread and anticipation of death. He already looked dead inside.
'Just wait, Tom.......  Just wait..... a little..... longer.....'

A/N

Hi, been a while, hasn't it? I don't know. School is still killing me. Here you all go. I hope you enjoy! 

1/20/2020 (Lmao)

1472 words
Edited. 1477 words.