Going Downhill

Tord stuck to the shadows of the alleys as he observed the signs that would determine whether or not he will come back. It has been a week already, and it seemed like no one even knew about his missing existence. How did he know? His posters were nowhere to be found. Nothing changed. Even the graffiti on the walls that a group of teenagers made for him was gone. So one day......

He decided to investigate.

He came back, and walked around the streets a bit but with his hood up, like how he was when he first arrived. No one knew him, and no one even said anything to him like they usually would do. He came across an alley and went in; there, he found one of the homeless guys he knew very well. Once the guy saw Tord, he shouted,

"Ash! Buddy, you won't believe what happened!"

"Carlos, how come you still know me? What happened around here?" 

"That's the thing! Something weird happened the night you left!"

"What happened?" 

"Soldiers! Spies! People armed with all sorts of weapons, things, and gadgets! They came into town two hours after you left. There were hundreds of them! Wearing all black! They scouted the place, I was able to get my hands on two of your letters before they got the rest. They went all around town going into people's houses and zapping them with their futuristic- looking guns. They were erasing you from the peoples' memories. Luckily I escaped, safely. It is also a good thing that you aren't hurt by them too."

'So that's why.'
"Carlos."

"Yeah?"

"I want you to forget about me."

"What!?!? Why!?!"

'Because you don't need to know a useless soul like me.'
"Because I'm leaving."
And with that, I left.

Meanwhile...

Edd, Matt, and Tom were together in Edd's apartment watching 'The Children'. Matt and Tom were focused on the TV screen while Edd was thinking of the Norski again. Tom was the first to notice Edd's trance and called Matt's attention quietly.

"Psst! Matt! Edd's doing it again."
Matt took a quick glance, sighed, then whispered back.

"I know. What do we do? That's the sixth time today."

Tom thought for a while before deciding that he should catch Edd's attention, whose gaze was no longer even on the TV screen but on the floor mat. Edd snapped out of his trance after his name was called for the fourth time

"EDD!"

"H- huh? Yeah?"

"Edd... You're thinking about him aren't you?"

".... Y- yeah... I am... I- I j- Ju- just r- r- really m- miss hi- him- "

Edd burst into tears as Tom and Matt comforted their friend.

"We d- didn't even f- fi- find hi- his b- body to gi- give h- him a proper burial"

Tom sighed, he, too, missed the red hooded communist. Though he never showed it to the gang, they knew just as well that he did. The thing is- Tom cared for Tord; though he never made it obvious, he still cared. Just then, Tom remembered something that had to do with when Tord was sick.

Memory:
Tom and Tord were arguing. Again. It was the fifth time that morning too. Just as Tom was going to say some pointless come back to contribute to the argument, Tord had a coughing fit and when he was done, he realized he was kneeling on the ground with Tom beside him, patting his back. "Thought you didn't care." "I DON'T. It's just that if Edd finds out he's probably going to blame me or something!?!" they both knew that was half a lie and half the truth. "Besides, he's probably going to make me take care of you. Which I do NOT want to do because it is a waste of my time." In all honesty, Tom would've loved to take care of Tord.

End of flashback...

Tom sighed as he strums his bass, Susan. He went to his room as the other two talked to each other. Tears threatened to fall, but he held them back. He really missed him, and he really wished he hit the robot in the neck instead of the head, causing the robot to explode. When they went to the cliff later in the afternoon, they couldn't find Tord's body. This made Edd heartbroken. He at least wanted to give him a proper burial. They all thought he was dead because there were no traces of him, only broken robot parts and blood. A lot of blood. Eventually, they came back to their apartments and settled in.

A/N
Hey, I lost ideas for this. Hope you enjoy reading. Also, to clear a few things up, Tord knows who operated the "mission" that made everyone except Carlos forget about him. That person is the leader of an army, an ally of the red army. Also, during the flashback, Edd was grocery shopping with Matt. Edd didn't want to leave Matt alone with Tom and Tord because the last time he did, he came back to a Wrecked MESS, which I will not explain. You can just imagine what happened there, but Matt was traumatized. Of course, he forgot about it anyway, so he's fine.
12/31/"19
Edited. 877 words