Chapter 43

It was all their fault, all the god's fault. If they hadn't attacked for no apparent reason, he would've never had lost someone so precious to him. All their fault.

He cackled, if they thought what he did back then was an actual war, they were scheduled for a rude awakening. He just couldn't wait to avenge is precious regalia.

He stared at the lifeless body in front of him, before carrying it, bridal style. He walked through the forest, trying his best to remember the direction he came from.

Y/n found something on Sadda's pockets, a phone. He grabbed the device, and looked at the contacts list. Finally, he scrolled and found the name he was looking for, Yato.

'Calling...'

It said on the screen, not a second later, a frantic voice answered.
"Sadda!? Y/n was looking for you, where are you!?" Yato didn't answer, it was Yukine. Yato must have no strength to answer it.
"It's Y/n." I bluntly answered.
"...Y/n? You guys found Sadda? That's great! You guys have arrived! Wait... I can't see you, where are you? It's just Bishamon and Kazuma, where are yo—?"
"I left them behind."
".... You what?"
"I looked at the tracking device, the dot hasn't moved, so I ran, they would only slow me down."
"....wait, does that mean.... Sadda's—"
"Dead." He rudely cut him off.

Yukine exchanged a few words with someone, his distant voice had a bit of static to it. It kind of hurt his head. But his whole body was aching, so he wasn't bothered. He simply didn't care.

"Y/n!? Where the hell are you!? Bishamon and Kazuma said they couldn't find you after you ran off like a maniac. What the hell's wro—"
"Sadda's dead."
"No—no he—he isn't!" Yato said with disbelief.
"I found him on the ground, dead. His body was practically soaking with blood, his clothes were ripped. By the looks of thing, it was f—"
"–father who killed him." He answered for me, his voice dripping with dispair.
"Y/n—are you okay?" He asked, a tender voice presented, a tone he only used when the was serious with his role as his older brother.
"No." Y/n answer simply. "Meet me at the River of Goldi. Bring everyone if you'd like, I just don't think I can walk anymore." He say, slightly exasperated.
"Yeah, I'll meet you there.."

Y/n's POV

I hung up the phone, before walking towards the River. I put the corpse down, before laying on the stone rock. I waited there, fighting the urge to close my eyes to fall asleep. I knew better than to leave my guard down.

The water glistened under the pressure of the bright, orange sun. As the rays of sun hit the leaves, the birds chirped happily. It was an early dawn, and I stared at the wide eyed face of my regalia.

His face was morphed into a horrified, surprised face. I wouldn't ever be able to unsee that scared face. I felt a ping of pity and guilt for the young, innocent regalia.

He wasn't a part of the last war, so there was no point of killing him. They already knew Sadda had a strong sense of justice, so it was obvious it was father who killed him. He was meddling into my business, again.

I exhaled quietly, sighing out the breath I didn't realize I was holding. I frowned, and raised my hand. I reached out for his face.

I could bare to see the terrified look on his face.

I soothingly dragged my pale fingers down, from his forehead to the end of his nose. My regalia's wide eyes had closed. With such a small gesture, Sadda looked more at peace.

I could feel the ground vibrate, signaling someone was approaching, I narrowed my eyes. It seemed like there was more that six people. I felt myself ease, I was sure it was Yato and the rest.

I teared my eyes away from behind me, looking, admiring the view again. The sun had just finished its sun rise. I stared longingly as it did, my arms locked around my legs.

He would have loved this view.

"Hey." I heard the voice of Yato, I didn't turn. I heard more footsteps, before seeing him sit next to me in the corner of my eye.
"Where are the rest," his eyes steered clear of me, also admiring the view, "I thought you'd want everyone else to come."
"You're right.I did want everyone else to come, and comfort you," He finally looked at me. "but I knew you wouldn't have wanted that."
"You know me, well" I simply responded, he grunted in agreement.

A silence engulfed us, although, it was a comfortable one. We didn't move an inch, just staring at the sun's rise. It wasn't until the sun was fully out that I sensed movement. It was Yato, he was getting up.

Finally, I stopped staring at the endless sky and look at him, "Where are you going?" I asked. He gave me a warm smile, before reaching his hand out.
"Get up, we have another war to start." He gives me a smug smile,

"This time, we aren't holding back."