Chapter 47 (finale part 2)

The hard worked trainees punched the air, following the instructions of their sensei. They yelled the number of the step their were doing, their eyes furrowed with concentrations. The instructor showing them, using his own body for demonstration.

They were training for the next battle I have planned. It was falling all into my plan, all I needed was for them to need supplies, after that they would make a mistake, then checkmate, another battle won.

I had just finished my lunch, and was making my way towards my office. I had occasionally helped the soldiers with their training. I looked at every file of each soldier, they were all over the scale, some sucked, other didn't suck. It didn't matter since we would sharpen their skill anyway.

The sound of soldiers training ended, replaced with the sound of the crickets singing. The splashing of the water as fish swim freely. The dim lighting of the lantern was now my only source of light. The shadow of my figure was dark, and the dusty books were a only a few inches away.

I sat in my office, finally finishing my stacks of paperwork. I felt someone approaching my tent. I looked up from reading my paper, putting down my steaming hot tea.

"Come in." I demanded.

"My king! They're attacking the arsenals from the south!"

I continue sipping my tea, until I finally put attention to the messenger,

"How much damage?"

"Complete damage sir!"

I smirk, 'Perfect'

"Is there any more news?"

"Yes, enemy soldiers were spotted at South Side River, they were getting water."

"Maria dear, this is important, what, in detail, did they do?"

"Well, they set their stuff down, drank a bit of water, and loaded their buckets"

"Oh? That's all, thank you, you are dismissed."

She bowed, before leaving the tent house, as I smirk,

'Interesting'

I watched as torches lighted up the night, signaling the attack was indeed coming from the south. However, everything was going as planned.

The supplies inside of the arsenals were bait, they thought water was inside of the south's supplies rooms, it was the opposite though.

I chose this camp beside the rivers and clean water. Since they had no way of getting water, they would attack the south in attempts to win the river.

I had predicted this move, there were soldiers surrounding the arsenals. They were to attack the enemy, surprise is key. I heard the faint screams of the enemy.

"You are quite clever, Y/n." I quickly turned around. I was a bit flustered, I hadn't noticed the presence. However, when I turned, there was no one behind me.

My eyes furrowed, did I image that?

I shook the thoughts out of my head, and made my way to the battle. I walked calmly towards it, I had a feeling they didn't really need me, I was sure we were going to win.

I was wrong, someone from behind tried to stab my side, but I jumped away. I had dodged the attack by a hair. How'd he escape from them? The army had surrounded the enemies.

I sprinted up to me and attempted to slash my chest, but I grabbed his wrists. I broke the wrist, and punched his ribs. I heard a crack as he flew back.

"An amateur?" I muttered softly to myself. I stared at the enemy, before continuing my journey to the south. I wasn't joking when I said the camp was too damn big, it was hard to get around.

I had encounted a few soldiers on my way towards the fight, but they were all push overs. I kept walking as the night deepened and the sound of fighting stopped all together. I finally saw their them, my army was done fighting, and I was there to see it.

"Is that a smile I see?" I heard the teasing voice of Yato, I almost got flustered.
"No, I don't know what your talking about." I quickly said. I cursed myself for sounding unsure, usually I was great at lying.
"Mhm." Yato knowingly said. A smirk played across his face as he stared at me.

I rolled my eyes, and walked up the the soldiers.
"Alright, good work soldiers, get some rest, tomorrow will be a bit easier because of you victory." I complemented, they cheered in delight as I walked away.

I sat quietly in my office, peacefully drinking my black tea. I had finally finished my paperwork, and after I was done with my tea, I would go to sleep. I finished my last sip, before preparing to get up.

I stopped in my tracks when I heard the giggle of a girl, I looked to where it came from. There, I was the malicious smile of the Goddess of Death. I furrowed my eyes, Izanami.

"How-" she cut me off with her threatening cackle, her mocking smile glinting with wickedness. I glared at her.
"It's not really me, but a phantom. I have a deal for you." She proposed.
"Why should I listen to you, Izanami?" I hissed. She sent me a smirk.
"Cause I know one important thing, they're going all out in the coming battle. You might as well be a dead man walking." She said with a smirk.

This caught my attention, she's heavily implying that we might lose this war because of one battle? What exactly are they planning?

"You'll need my help, you know." She cunningly sang.
"What do you want from me.?" I Sharpingly said. She dissapeared and reappeared behind my, he legs tangled around my waste, her hand around my neck. She hung onto me like a koala.

"Five days, five days of being in the overworld." She sang with delight, she talked about earth as if she missed it so dearly.
"How would that even be possible?" I asked her. Not totally convinced she would be able to complete this deal.
"The Zokuru Ritual." She simply said, breathing into my neck.

I sighed heavily,
"It's a deal, now get out of my sight."