Yeah, That Didn't Work Out

february 17th — tuesday morning
7:12 AM

"Today is not the day! Don't start with me!"

"Not the day? It's a simple question!"

"A question that's clearly not necessary!"

"Not necessary? You're talking to someone behind my back!"

"No, I'm not! We're friends. And nothing happened!"

"What do you mean? You kissed! That's not nothing!"

Pause. Rewind.

february 16th — monday morning
11:17 AM

Tori and Bruno sat at the piano in the studio, trying to grind out another song, but Bruno was getting a little handsy. "Hey," Tori giggled, sliding his hand from behind her on the seat.

"What? I'm just sitting back, watching you do your thing," he innocently smiled. Tori playfully rolled her, knowing that his admiration was veering on the end of lust.

"Bruno, I'm married and you know what happened last time you had that look in your eye," Tori softly reminded. Bruno watched her hands drop from the keys to her concealed bump.

"How are they, by the way?" He asked, running that back of his fingers along her sweater cover stomach. A tingle ran down Tori's spine, although she wasn't sure why. André touched her bump all the time.

"They're good. Growing every day," Tori replied, with a sigh tacked to the end. Bruno picked up on her body language, and focused his body towards hers.

"What's going on, now?" He asked, shutting the lid of the keys and leaning against the dark wood. Tori mimicked his body language and shrugged.

"I don't know. Everything is actually pretty good, but so boring at the same time. André goes to work and comes back. The kids go to daycare or school and come back. And I come here and come back. It's the same thing everyday. Jaxon breaks something. Joey gets hurt, most likely by Jaxon. Ella won't leave my side. And André and Noah are always hungry," Tori tiredly explained. Bruno dropped his outside hand to Tori's hip, gently rubbing it out of comfort.

"I'm sorry. I wish there was a way I could spice it up for you," he semi-joked. Tori chuckled a bit, and dropped her head on her inside arm.

"You just listening to me is definitely spicing it up. Kamari always wants to fight André. Kayla always wants to give me advice. And Jackie always changes the subject back to her. No one ever just listens," Tori complained. Bruno watched Tori drop her head for a moment, before seeing a tear drop slide down the lid of the piano.

"Woah, hey," Bruno said, scooting impossibly closer, pulling his friend into a hug. "Don't cry. It's going to be okay. I'm here for you," he cooed, doing his best to comfort the artist. He hated seeing her so sad. "Tori, look at me," he called, pulling her head up to his.

"Yeah?" She mumbled, drying her cheeks. Bruno, took a shot in the dark and pulled their lips together. To his surprise, Tori pushed him off, forcing him on the floor. "Of course," she muttered, getting up from the piano.

"Tori, wait!" Bruno yelled, as she left the booth and grab her backpack. "Tori! I'm sorry!" He apologized, following her out into the lobby.

"Save it! At least, André doesn't pretend to to care before trying to sleep with me. You are just like Josh. Sweet until you can get your way!" Tori yelled.

"Tori, no. I wasn't— I don't know what came over me!" Bruno pleaded. They two were so into their argument, that they hadn't notice the tree of a man walk into the small establishment.