Rock-A-Bye Baby

friday — january 21st
4:18 AM

Tori abruptly woke up with the worst stomach pain, she'd experienced in a while. Immediately, the mom was pushed out of the bed and to her secluded toilet, vomiting instantly from the pain. With she and her husband still at a stand still, and him all the way in the living room on the couch, the chances of getting him were slim. "Oh my gosh," Tori gasped, as the pain intensified. Her vision started to blur as her head went hazy. Grabbing the first thing she could, Tori slammed a vase on the floor, shattering it and cutting her hand in the process. However, her plan had worked, and André can in slowly but surely.

"What the hell?" André tiredly asked before coming to see Tori in the ground clutching her side. "Tori! Are you okay? Where does it hurt?" He asked, scooping her up, careful not to cut himself and taking her to the bed.

"This pain. I've never felt this pain before. I think I'm having a miscarriage," she cried.

Miscarriage.

The word echoed in André's brain. As much as he didn't want another kid, he didn't want this to be the solution. The fear in Tori's eyes forced him to grab their jackets and rush her to his truck.

In a fit of pain and panic, Tori squirmed in the passengers seat as André called his brother in law. "What?" Noah mumbled, before hearing his sister groan in pain. "Tori?" He asked.

"Noah, something is wrong with her. I'm on the way to the hospital. Ella is in our bed and the boys are in their cribs. Keep an eye on them and go get Ella. We'll be back as soon as we can," André said, before hanging up. Noah had no idea what to think, but dropped his phone and ran to get his niece to make sure she didn't fall off the massive bed. He had to figure out how to care for his niece and nephews and was definitely going to need help.

5:02 AM

Tori was admitted and had monitors hooked up to she and baby. "Tori?" A kind voice called, coming into the curtain. "I'm Siobhan. I'm the ER doctor on call tonight. How are you feeling?" She asked, pulling the rolling stool up beside her patient. Tori shrugged as André moved from the corner to her side.

"I'm feeling a bit better. My stomach isn't in pain, but I'm still nauseous and my head hurts," the singer sadly explained. The fourth year medical resident, jotted down Tori's symptoms and typed something into her computer.

"So, it says here that this is your third pregnancy?" Siobhan clarified. Tori nodded, dropping one hand over her head and the other over her stomach.

"Yup. Hopefully a single," she mumbled. Siobhan scrolled through the tablet to see a missed box in Tori's file.

"Did the ER doctor ask to do an ultrasound on you?" She asked. Tori shook her head. The doctor sighed and out in an order.

"Why? Is there something wrong with the baby?" André worried. Siobhan shook her head, slightly.

"Well, I'm looking in your file and it says you got a test for gonorrhea. While the test was negative, some bacteria may have infected you and not have been detected because it was so little. But with your blood volume increasing so fast, the bacteria may have grown and spread," she said. Tori shot André the darkest look, dropping both hands to her womb. "Don't worry we can treat you with some medications that are safe for baby, if that's the case," Siobhan informed.

In that moment, Tori wanted to grab the closest thing and chuck it at André's head, but since the only thing in reach was a pen, she opted for the silent treatment.

The doctor had left and Tori had finally gotten some pain relief in her IV. "Tori, I—"

"Save it," the distraught mother growled. "You finally got your wish. You didn't want another baby and now there may not be one. Congrats," Tori muttered, turning on her side, away from her husband. He was the last person she wanted to talk to. Or so she thought.