Not Funny

february 13 — friday morning
9:13 AM

Rain poured down the porch sliding door of Allwyn's apartment as Laura stood across from her ex at his island. "Allwyn, I don't know what to do at this point," Laura whispered. The Jamaican descendant shrugged and sipped his water.

"Lie in it. You and she are getting everything you guys deserve. No one wanted to listen to me then, why should I share advice now?" He bitterly replied. Laura scoffed, folding her arms.

"She is our daughter. And she's pregnant. She needs our help," Laura fought. Allwyn leaned against his counter with his arms folded.

"What she needs is an ass whooping and a divorce,"

"Allwyn,"

"What? They are children who got married for the wrong reason and haven't figured out that marriage doesn't mean you don't have to use protection. I can't help stupidity. And I refuse to enable a statistic," he griped. Laura couldn't believe her ears. The family man she once loved was now bitter and heartless.

"What is wrong with you? She's not a statistic. She's a girl who is in a bit over her head at the moment and needs her parent's help," Laura tried. Allwyn was convinced, however.

"Why would I help her with kids I'm not even allowed to see. No. Veto. New plan," he said, walking off to his room.

"Allwyn!" Laura furiously called.

"Goodbye, Laura. Shut the door on your way out!" He called from the other room. That was a wasted trip. A wasted trip no one could know about, because Tori would flip if she found out her father knew about her pregnancy before being able to tell him. Laura bowed her head and walked off to find her car in the downpour. While Laura was failing, Tori was slightly thriving?

Tori had finally gotten all of the kids down for their midday naps when in walked André. A glance barely left Tori's face as she ate her yogurt. "Hey babe," André greeted, slapping a shopping bag on the counter, next to Tori's leg.

"What's this?" She smirked, setting down her bowl and picking up the bag. André leaned against the cool stove with his arms crossed.

"Just open it," he smiled. Tori moved the tissue paper out of the way to reveal a bathing suit and undergarment set.

"What?" She giggled. Tori pulled out the pieces to see a knitted bikini in army green and a matching bra and underwear set. "What's this for?" Tori smiled, admiring the craftsmanship of the fabrics.

"I wanted to make sure you had a new swimsuit for our trip this weekend," André smiled. Tori ran her hands through her hair and sighed.

"And where will our children be?" she asked, sliding off the counter and dropping the gift at the top of the island. André slyly pulled his wife to hug her from behind as he ran his hands along her bare 10-week bump.

"The boys will be with my parents and Ella and Noah will be with your mom," he replied. Tori fixed her sports bra and pulled her hair to one side.

"And where are we going?" Tori smiled. André shook his head and spun her around gently.

"Can't tell you. But it's warm," he replied matching her grin. The two started a short make out session as André pulled Tori in by the waist.

"Baby," Tori mumbled through the kiss, trying to push off. André's lips still attached to hers, he held tighter.

"Yes?" He giggled. Tori pushed off harder shaking her head, but still holding onto her man's arm.

"Babies," she fully stated, pointing to the ceiling above. André threw her a shrug and picked his wife up.