E-1: Front-Door Key

Start from the beginning

Just as the last of the walkway was about to collapse from under him, Luigi took a chance and leaped to the other side of the veranda, laughing hysterically as he barely made it. It didn't take long for him to pull himself together and walk up the steps to the front door.

The Polterpup playfully tackling Luigi to the floor and snatching up the front door key was practically comic relief.

"Hey!" he exclaimed as Polterpup woofed and dashed off. The man in green smacked the ground in frustration. "Bad doggie!"

He got to his feet and was about to take off after the mischievous ghost puppy when something akin to a "spider sense" went off in his brain.

Something was happening inside the Treacherous Mansion.

Swallowing, Luigi peeked into one of the windows to look—and nearly vomited at the sight before him.

Boos floated within, cackling their heads off as they crowded around another portrait of a Toad. This Toad's face and upper body were mottled with bruises, cuts, and a few burn marks—and smeared with blood. Nearby, some more Boos were holding a purple-spotted Toad, who was likewise bruised and bloodied, making him watch as their brethren leered at his imprisoned companion, their tongues licking up the canvas. Then, they carried the Toad portrait away, set down a new canvas and dragged the purple-spotted Toad before it. A familiar mad cackle sounded as a purple bolt of energy struck the Toad, a cackle which mixed with the Toad's screams of agony and horror as he was hit with a second energy bolt, forcing him into the canvas. All of the Boos laughed and cheered at the sight.

Luigi stumbled away from the window, leaned over the side of the veranda and retched into the abyss.

"Oh, God," he rasped, wiping his mouth. "Oh, God..."

He looked up and saw Polterpup gazing sympathetically at him before scampering off.

The Dual Scream rang.

"Yello?"

"Bad dog! That ghost doggie is sitting barely out of reach!"

"Yes, I know," said Luigi.

"If only he knew the trouble he's causing us," sighed Gadd. "Do you happen to have a haunted doggie treat on you? Maybe you can lure him over!"

"I have plenty of those golden bones I keep finding all over the valley," Luigi told him.

"Forgive me—I just realized how ludicrous that sounded," sighed Gadd. "I guess you're gonna need to find some other way in there."

"Guess so," echoed Luigi. "Ciao."

He hung up and headed over to a well, where he drew some Spirit Balls from a chain with a red ball attached to it. Using this chain, Luigi descended into the bottom of the well. After fending off some spiders, he broke down a weakened wall and headed into a guard tunnel, where Polterpup frolicked about, wearing a knight's helmet. Upon catching sight of Luigi, Polterpup shook off the helmet and fled, Luigi using the DLD to follow those spectral paw prints. He didn't get far before he was attacked by two Strong Greenies.

After vacuuming up the Strong Greenies, Luigi had to deal with a Strong Slammer, followed by another Strong Greenie who managed to blindside him a couple of times with a roundhouse punch. After defeating them all, Luigi collected another gold bone and resumed following Polterpup's paw print trail.

At the cliffside, Luigi opened a gate which took him into a ceremonial chamber. He saw Polterpup on the other side of the chamber, observing him, only to have the spectral pooch flee once more. Using a nearby web ball, Luigi burned away some cobwebs and lit all of the torches in the room. Just as he extinguished the web ball, a suit of armor seated upon a throne was hoisted into the chamber.

Brother's Loyalty: Battle for Evershade ValleyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara