Chapter 10

"Baby.. I don't think you should go.." Mingi says softly to the pouting hybrid on the bed. Yunho had woken up half an hour ago with a splitting headache and Mingi had sensed it right away and he is currently coaxing his mate to stay in the house and rest. "I can tell you what happened at the meeting afterwards. Okay? You really should stay.. Your fever is still high.."

"No.... Please.. I want to go.. I want to be there.. I don't want to stay here all alone.. I'll be fine.. I promise.." says Yunho as he tries to convince Mingi that he'll be fine to attend the meeting. Yunho then tries to act like he's fine by trying to stand up from the bed and failing miserably as his legs decide to betray him and he is falling but luckily Mingi is quick to wrap his arm around Yunho's waist preventing the hybrid from falling flat on the floor.

"You can't even stand baby. Please stay and get some rest.." says Mingi as he picks Yunho up into his arms and gently lays down the hybrid on the bed. Yunho huff. He really doesn't want to miss the meeting. It'll be about him after all so he wants to be there in person no matter what.

Yunho suddenly perks up and Mingi tilts his head in question and before Mingi can ask, Yunho suddenly shifts into his wolf form. Since Yunho is a hybrid between a vampire and a wolf, he can easily shift back to back from wolf to human without having to take off his clothes. Yunho's wolf form is big but not that big that Mingi can't hold him up.

How 'bout this? says Yunho with their link as his tail wags and Mingi blink to the puffy white and light brown wolf in front of him. Mingi rarely gets to see this side of Yunho because Yunho usually will only turn when he has to practice fighting in his wolf form.

"Uh, I think this will work. You really want to go that bad huh baby?" says Mingi, chuckling a bit when Yunho barks happily as he moves on top of Mingi's lap. Mingi scratches Yunho's chin before Yunho nuzzles himself in the crook of Mingi's neck, purring happily.

Mingi then gently picks Yunho up mindful of his tail and he walks a few steps wanting to see if Yunho will become uncomfortable of being jostled too much or not. After pacing with the hybrid in his arms for a few minutes, Mingi stops and asks Yunho, "Feeling okay baby? Comfortable? Does your head hurt when I walk?"

Yunho nuzzles his snot a few times on Mingi's neck before he lays it on Mingi's shoulder and speaks with their link.

I'm fine. It doesn't hurt that much.

"Alright then but don't hesitate to tell me if you're not feeling well and need me to stop walking for a bit or something. Okay baby?"

Yunho purrs loudly that Mingi can both hear it and feel it on his chest.

I will.

--

"HOLY FUCK! I WANT TO CARRY HIM! PLEASE?!" San screamed when he saw Mingi and Yunho coming down to the living room making Yunho flinch and flatten his ears whining lowly on Mingi's shoulder.

"Quiet San. Yunho is still sick. His hearing is more sensitive when he's in this form. Uhm.. I don't think you can carry him..?" Mingi said as he eyed San's small form and looked down at Yunho.

San gape at Mingi. "Hey! I might be small but I'm strong too you know?! Lemme hold him and you'll see that I can carry him without a problem!" huffed San and before Mingi can react, San is already pulling Yunho into his arms. Yunho let San take him from Mingi's hold but Mingi can sense the awkwardness and an uneasy feeling from Yunho as the hybrid tries not to fall from San's hold or make San fall because of his big form.

San wobbles for a few steps before he laughs nervously and sets Yunho down on the floor carefully. Mingi can see Yunho exhaling a relief breath when San had put him down and had to bite his lips from laughing.