"What do you want for dinner? We need to go shopping." Harry asked as if I hadn't just broken my own heart.

"Oh, uh, we should order in." I didn't want to cook now.

"Poppy!"

I cringed as my Father called for me just before he appeared in the doorway and I turned to face him with a semi forced smile.

"Have you heard back from the university yet?" He asked and I frowned.

"For what?"

"Your application for Columbia. I got one of my guys to drop it in last week, just after we got back actually. They said it'd be fast tracked for me."

If I thought I'd broken my heart then my Father just ripped it out and crushed it into a hundred thousand tiny pieces.

"Oh." I swallowed thickly, "I thought I was doing it?"

"Poppy you barely know what day it is, why would you be trusted to do something important?" My Father said before he turned his attention to Harry. "Twenty third to the twenty seventh you won't be needed."

I assumed Harry nodded as I kept my eyes glued to the cold tiled floor of the kitchen, the footsteps of my Father walking away thudded in my ears as I tried really hard not to cry.

I had thought, I had stupidly thought that I could apply for Georgetown and it'd be okay, I didn't know he was so involved.

I should have known.

And Harry, fuck, Harry.

"I'm sorry your money was wasted." I croaked my throat tight and my eyes sad as I looked at Harry who was still leaning against the fridge with a set jaw.

"Doesn't matter, c'mon we're eating out."

I didn't get a chance to reply as Harry grabbed my hand and hauled me out into the foyer and I pulled my boots on as he thrust his jacket into my hands and I was pulled out the door without realising it.

"Pizza, curry, fish n' chips or some kind of chicken?" Harry asked once he'd pulled out of the driveway and I blinked at him. "Oh, pizza."

I frowned as Harry decided, barely giving me a chance to reply and I rubbed at my eye as I forced myself to look away from him.

"What if I'd wanted fish and chips?" I asked, making Harry snort as he squeezed my thigh.

"You always want pizza when you're upset."

"I'm not upset." I lied, glancing at Harry as he stopped at a red light, a cocked eyebrow in my direction.

"You're quiet, and you're always quiet when you're sad. C'mon you can get a pineapple pizza with stuffed crust. I'll even let you pay considering that makes you happy, yeh' weirdo."

Annoyingly Harry was right and as I inhaled my fourth slice of a medium pizza on the bonnet of his car, I found myself wanting to be around Harry for the rest of my life.

"What's your sister like?" I asked once I'd swallowed the mouthful of crust I had been chewing.

I looked over alarmed at Harry as he started coughing and several sprays of crumbs left his mouth and I momentarily panicked he was dying.

"Are you okay?" I rushed out, grabbing his arm making him nod before he looked at me suspiciously.

"Why'd you wanna know?"

"Just interested I guess, are you close?" I chewed my lip as I watched Harry dip the tip of his pizza into his sauce pot.

"Yeh'," Harry started before he rubbed his jaw, "Not as much anymore, but we used to be when we were younger. We sort of only had each other so we had to be. She lives in London, she's a journalist actually."