Five

Arrested Again

Karma sat in class she had decided to sleep in and skip lacrosse practice for once

Karma sat in class she had decided to sleep in and skip lacrosse practice for once. As she was doodling on her note the door opened to reveal Sheriff Stilinski. The two were very familiar with each other.

"Finstock can you come with me?" Sheriff asked an underlying hint of irritation. Karma sighed as she stood the class collectively said "ohhh"

"Shut it!" She snapped slamming her hands on the desk. Everyone immediately shut up some even jumping back. She casually strolled to Noah. She regretted it once the two were in the hall. He turned her around slapping cuffs on her wrist. She didn't fight it as she was use to the process. As he stepped in front of her she glared giving him a fake smile.

"Not that I'm complaining because I love to be handcuffed," she winked causing him to roll his eyes, "but why am I being arrested this time?"

"Karma Finstock you're under arrest for suspicion of murder" Karma didn't hold back as her eyes widened.

"For Murder of who!?" She yelled, sure she threatened murder but she would never actually follow through. Noah places a hand on her bicep lightly pulling her from the halls.

"Of John Lahey"

__________

"Isaac?" Karma asked as she was placed in the back of a deputy's car. He glanced at her with sad eyes, he didn't have cuffs on like her, he didn't think he could even look her in the eyes. Assuming it was his fault she was there.

"He's dead Karm, my dad is dead." He mumbles finally looking at her. There is was she had noticed the scent when she got in the car, but when he looked at her she seen his eyes flash a deep gold. Derek has chosen her best friend to be his beta, even worse tonight was a full moon and he'd be locked in a holding cell, with her.

"Isaac don't say anything, I know you didn't kill him, I know you couldn't hurt anyone, and I didn't kill him either you know that right" she reassured he sighed letting his head roll to look at her as he nodded. The deputy looked at the two from his mirror, he had plenty of run-ins with the troubled girl.

"Finstock, I wouldn't be surprised if you did kill him" he snickered from the front. Isaac glances at her as she clenched her jaw. She hated deputy Brown, he was the worst and the definition of a power-hungry cop, he believed he was above the law.

"You always have been a troubled kid, I'm surprised daddy never put you up for adoption, I know would have" he laughed, Karma stayed quiet, her fist clenching better her. She knew better than to give in to him. Isaac, however, was on edge how could anyone say that to her let alone someone who was supposed to be for the people.

"Also I have to add you killed your own mother, or did she just leave you knowing you were not fixable, a broken little girl who-"

"Enough! Don't you dare speak to her like that! You know nothing about her so leave it before I show you just how much trouble I can be!" Isaac snapped. His anger was boiling over threatening to spill, he was never this angry before but hearing the deputy talk this bad about his Karma it was like something had taken control of him. The deputy shut his mouth at how deep Isaacs's voice had been, it was intimidating, to say the least almost animalistic.

Karma looked at Isaac with concern, he had never shown that much anger, then again it was his first full moon she knew all of his senses and emotions would be heightened. It was understanding he had never seen anyone other than Jackson and Lydia be rude to her and he was just as protective over her as she was with him. Karma glanced at Isaac as he continued to breathe heavily. She decided to show signs of being supernatural for the first time around him. she allowed calming energy to leave her body. The wave hit Isaac immediately calming him, even deputy Brown felt his shoulders relax. Karma, however, was putting all her might into it as it used more energy and concentration to send emotions to people without touching them.

"We're here kids." Deputy Brown muttered putting the car in park. The sound of his voice made her concentration fade, allowing everyone to feel their own emotions, Deputy went back to his egotistical self as Isaac was just confused. He had no Ideal why he had gone from wanting to rip the deputies head off to calm in a millisecond; He did know that wasn't the first time his emotions changed as if someone had flipped a switch it usually happened when he was with Karma.

"Let's go" Deputy groaned opening the car door pulling out Karma as another deputy pulled out Isaac. Karma glanced at Isaac giving him a small smile as the two were separated into different interrogation rooms. Karma couldn't help but make up multiple scenarios as to how tonight could go wrong.

"Karma Finstock you're aware of why you're here correct?" Sherrif asked as he entered her room, in his hand, he held a heft folder containing her record; while the other held a coffee. she glanced up at him pulling a fake smile. he took a seat in front of her with a sigh offering her the coffee. she shook her head irritation rolling off her, you didn't have to be supernatural to notice it.

"I'm aware I'm a suspect in the murder of my best friend's father but what I don't know and would like to is what grounds you have for suspecting me" She questioned leaning up in her chair Stilinski sighed rubbing his forehead.

"We have an eye witness stating yesterday you threatened to kill him, and we have already informed your dad" She huffed shaking her head that meant She would be kept overnight at least.

"Look Karma this isn't like the other times you've been here, this isn't as simple as vandalism or trespassing this is serious and if you know anything then please let me help you, help yourself." He sounded sincere and he was, he always thought that she had great potential, but kept it hidden. He liked the girl regardless of her hard exterior.

"I know Isaac didn't do this, and Neither did I, I also know that whoever did it just made the world a better place."

"but he's the only person that Isaac has, how could you say that about your best friends dad?" Noah now knew that what Jackson had said about Isaac being abused was true, Karma didn't flat out say it but he knew what she meant.

"He has never been there for Isaac and never would have if he was still alive, people like that don't change. and Isaac deserves so much better than him. John Lahey was a monster, and Isaac isn't alone. He never will be as long as I'm alive, Because Isaac will always have me."