Chapter 13

Watching their older sister bolt off to the side, Annabel and John look at each other confusion. Looking around, Annabel's eyes widen, "Where's Georgie?" Both freeze before dropping their treats and looking around frantically. John's gaze lands on the swish of a curtain to the right, a speck of purple fleeting his sight causing him to gasp—his sister.

"There!" He points to where he saw her leave, "Annabel quick!"

Dashing after the youngest, (Y/N) throws herself between the heavy curtains in search of her brother. Leaving the Doulton Hall, she finds herself at the back where crates of items that seemed to be from her home sat.
"Give Gillie back!" The sound of Georgie's voice causes her heart to lurch, "he's mine—mother made him for me!"

"Georgie!" (Y/N) cries out, turning the corner to see her brother fighting with the badger and weasel that had greeted them earlier that night. Her eyes narrow into a glare, "let go of my brother, you rodent filth!"

"Ah, if it isn't the little ringleader of this ragtag family," The wolf hounds in on her, lazily swinging the pocket watch in his hand, "I was wondering when you would show up—or if you'd leave your brother like the irresponsible sister you are... traits inherited from your father, I suppose..." he smirks, voice laced with malice.

(Y/N)'s fist clenches, "Why, you—"

"Hey!" Another voice calls out, "leave them alone!" Annabel and John appear by the curtain where she had exited. The wolf bows onto all fours and lunges towards the front of the truck, shoving the eldest child to the side.

"Time to go, boys!"
At his command, the badger and weasel have no time to spare as they work together to haul a struggling Georgie onto the back of the cart, locking him in before running to the front where the their leader starts up the engine, already beginning to pull away from the scene. The wheels kick up a dark cloud of dust along with the fumes the engine emits, slowing the Banks children's pursuit.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" John is quick to move to her side, helping her stand and checking her over for any wounds.

"I'm fine, John," The female gives him a nod of thanks before rushing after Annabel whom had already taken off on foot after the retreating vehicle, "quick, we have to help!"

"Georgie!" Annabel yells.

"We're coming, Georgie!" John puffs out, the younger yelling his name in turn. Their hearts ache at the sound of their brother's cries, but their lungs burn in the need for air. The trio eventually slow their running, unable to catch up with the fuel run car. (Y/N) begins to panic, screaming for her younger brother.

"Georgie..!"
The boy's voice barely reaches her ears in an echo due to the distance already placed between them. She silently cusses herself for not keeping a closer eye on him before she jumps at the sound of pounding hooves approaching. She's quick to gather her brother and sister in her arms before the trio let out a yell of alarm as their hauled up and onto the passing carriage.

"Shamus!" Annabel says in surprise. Her brother copies.

"Clyde!"

"That's right," The Irishman cross poodle turns and nods before facing the front again, eyes glazed with determination, "it's us!" Clyde's hooves pound rapidly against the porcelain pathing, wind whipping his mane back as he sprints to catch up with the criminals.

"Let's go get your brother back..!"
Relief flooding over them, the siblings share a look of hope and courage before holding onto their seats as the carriage lurches forwards, quickly gaining on the wolf and hic lackeys.

Hearing the thundering of footsteps and rolling gears from behind, the wolf sharply twists the side view mirror to face the back of the vehicle, growling as he spots Clyde and the children in hot pursuit.