Chapter 15

"Well, would you look at that..." (Y/N) hums idly from her place at the window, watching her aunt clamber along the street along with Jack to pick up the flyers she dropped after having bumped into him, the two now chatting and fidgeting like two high schoolers. Arthur hums questioningly as he walks up behind her, "my aunt Jane's getting a little crush," she says sweetly before scoffing, plodding away from the window, "about time too." Arthur laughs at her stupor earning a smile from the girl. He moves to follow her, taking her hand and twirling her around playfully.

"Hm, I take it that you're happy for her though, no?"

"Very," (Y/N) giggles as she turns into his embrace, the male smiling down at her, "she deserves it after all. And Jack is a lovely man, they'll get along wonderfully."

"Indeed, they will," Arthur gently taps her on the nose before sending her off, "we better get going, you know how Miss Poppins gets." The male stays behind to tidy the rooms a little whilst (Y/N) makes her way down stairs, almost bumping into her father due to his hurry.

"Oh, I'm gonna be late," Michael sighs exasperatedly before scoffing, "that's all I need!" he hurriedly shrugs on his coat.

"Well, you're not late yet, are you?" The nanny hums, "here you are," he nods thankfully as she swiftly snatches his hat and umbrella from the rack and hands them to him before ushering him out the door, "off you go." The man does so, almost leaping off the steps of the house as rushing down the street. (Y/N) watches him forlornly before gasping as she spots his leather brief case situated by the door, quickly grabbing it and attempting to follow after him.

"Father! Father!" She calls out, Ellen at her heels, "you're briefcase!" She sighs as he only move further away, eventually turning the corner of the street and leaving her line of sight.

Ellen scoffs from behind her, just a few paces away from the door steps, "Blimey, he'd leave his head on the breakfast table if it weren't screwed on..."

"Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on that, Ellen." (Y/N) huffs out, "oh dear..."

"We'll take the briefcase!" Mary Poppins pops out from the door, Royal Doultan bowl wrapped safely under her arm, with Arthur and the rest of the Banks family quickly following after her in a line, "the children, Arthur and I are heading that way on an errand. We'll stop by the bank afterwards—come along, (Y/N)." She chides as she passes the girl with quick feet. Jack perks up.

"I'll give you a life," he offers, "my rounds are done." He grins as Mary Poppins whips around with a smile.

"Wonderful!"

Jack picks up the ladder leaning against the light post and carries it over to his bike, the children following curiously and in excitement, "All aboard, everyone! Come on!"

"On the bicycle?" George questions, tilting his head. Jack lays the ladder flat on the back of the bike, strapping it down.

"But there are seven of us. We can't all fit." Annabel states, watching with analytical eyes as the lamplighter maneuvers around the bike, securing the long object down to it.

"The weight on those wheels alone," John says in disbelief, brows furrowed before he looks up, "Mary Poppins, how much do you weight?" (Y/N) immediately steps behind him, slapping a hand over his mouth in alarm. The lady in question gives them a look of disbelief and shock, the youngsters shrugging while the eldest smiles sheepishly, apologetic of their behaviour. Arthur chuckles at them.

"Never you mind about that," The blond moves to the opposite side of Jack, helping him tie down the ladder, "it's all a question of balance." He explains.

The leery looks up at him and shoots him a wink, "Indeed, my boy." They share a laugh. Jack stands and grands the hands of the bike, walking it a few steps to test the balance and security of the ladder before nodding in satisfaction, "alright," Mary and Arthur stand on opposite sides of the ladder, keeping it stable whilst Jane and Ellen watch from the path, "Annabel here," the dark haired male picks up the girl and seats her just left of the middle of the ladder, "John here," he does the same to their brother, only just off to the right, "Georgie at the front—" the youngest lets out a squeal of glee as he's seating on the front basket by the handlebars, Mary handing him her umbrella to look after. 

"YAYYYY!"

"—and (Y/N) in the middle." The female perks up at her name.

"Hm? Wh—whaaa!" She yells as she picked up by the waist and seated on the ladder between John and Annabel, the two giggling at her panicked outburst, "oh, hush you two." She playfully scrunches her nose at the, before being scolded by their nanny for slouching.

"Oh, sit up straight—you're not flour bags."
Arthur chuckles as the three immediately straighten their backs.

"Now, Mary Poppins, you there," Jack motions to the end on the ladder beside Annabel, "and Arthur over here!" The male nods to the space beside John on the end. The two take their seats and Jack steps up to the peddles. The children let out a yell as the bike is titled momentarily so he can get on, "I've got it!" He reassures, Jane and Ellen having stepped forwards in alarm.

"Blimey..." the maid lets out a heavy sigh, Jane clutching the papers to her chest.

"Alright, everybody!" Jack evens out the bike again and slowly begins to peddle, "ready everyone?"

The children chorus, "Ready!"

"I'm not.." Arthur snorts at (Y/N)'s response, John elbowing her in the side, "ow!"

Aunt Jane steps forwards, "A-Are you sure this is quite safe?"

"Not in the slightest," Mary Poppins replies, not giving her any time to process her words before shouting out, "ready!"

Jack grins, foot on the peddle as he readies himself to push off with the other, "Steady..! Go!"

BOOM

The admiral fires his canon to mark the hour at the same time they take off, the children squealing in glee with Jane and Ellen watching after them. The bike hobbles slightly to maintain balance, the rubble of the road causing them to bounce. 

The siblings laughs as the ladder tilts when they turn the corner of the street before straightening again, (Y/N) clutching onto the metal on back of Jack's seat whilst her sibling hold onto her arms for support, Georgie having the time of his life at the front.

And off they went, another adventure awaiting them in the dim streets of London.

_____________A/N____________

I hope you enjoyed!
(Not edited)
1123 words